17| Ravishing.

Maria's Pov

          I fixed my hair, there was then a knock on the door, I sighed assuming it was Jeremiah and I really didn't want to see him. I walked over to the door, taking my time, I opened it and it swung open, revealing Logan. he smiled at me, I was a bit confused on how he even got into the common room, till I saw Jackson pop up behind him. The two boys seemed a bit eager then usual, especially Jackson "Is everything okay?" I asked "Yes, everything is great actually!" Logan yelled. I was a bit shocked but I was curious "We brewed the hate potion and gave it to him "Go see if it worked!" Logan said while grabbing my arm. He then dragged me down the long staircase, we entered the common room to see many students, they were all sitting around on the sofas or standing around the window admiring the sea creatures that swam by. I scanned the room, looking for Jeremiah, it wasn't until I saw someone stumble from around the corner near the entrance. I started to approach him, it was indeed Jeremiah, I smiled at him and just stared at me with a shocked expression. I let out an awkward laugh "Um, hi Jeremiah how are you feeling?" I asked trying to avoid eye contact. He didn't say anything, so I looked up at him "Sorry" he apologized "Don't apologize, are you feeling better?" I asked hoping it worked. Jeremiah let out a chuckle, sounding very uncomfortable "Yeah...about yesterday" he said kind of trailing off

"OH? what happened yesterday?" I heard behind me

I turned around to see Merla, she seemed irritated yet amused. I sighed and gave her a fake smile, she looked passed me and smiled at Jeremiah "Hey there big boy" she said pushing past me and practically pressing herself against him. I cringed "Please get off me" he said while grabbing my hand and leaving the room, I was very confused "What are you doing?" I asked. He instantly let go of my hand once out of sight "I just wanted her to think I was still under her dirty spell" I rolled my eye's "And you couldn't have made that more awkward?" I said staring at the dungeon walls. He just shrugged "Whatever, just don't tell her its not working anymore. I hate her around me" I smirked "And I don't bother you? or what?" I said crossing my arms and shifted my weight on my left hip. He rolled his eye's "A lot more then her, she's the one who put me under the bloody spell. She's MAD!" he exclaimed at me leaning forward a bit. I put my hands up, pushing him back a bit "Hey mate, calm down" I mumbled a bit agitated. He seemed to realize my uneasiness and backed off "Sorry..." he sighed and looked away "It's whatever, Logan just wanted me to come and check if the hate potion worked on you" I explained sounding more irritated then I should have. 

The door then opened, Merla flicked her head around looking around for something, probably us. I was then tugged forward into a hug by Jeremiah, I looked at him confused but he just ignored my actions and shushed me. Merla then found us and started to walk over to us, she had a smile plastered on her face but it didn't seem right, it had to be fake. She then stopped in front of us "So how the happy couple?" she asked while mainly looked at Jeremiah "We're doing quite well actually" I responded before he could. Both of them looked at me a bit shocked, more Jeremiah then Merla, her eye seemed to twitch a bit "That's just great. So Jere, did you know you're under a love potion?" she said grabbing my arm and tugging me from his loose grip. I didn't care to much, but he seemed very uncomfortable when she pushed herself against him. He then gave me a look, a look of fear and yet a look for help "He know's it slowly wearing off" I said, he only nodded "And I'm glad you gave me the potion, I would have never known how passionate I felt for Maria" he said sounding almost real. I was feeling very uncomfortable hearing these words, especially from him "You're. Welcome" she said while gritting her teeth. I let out an awkward laugh ones more "Well, it was good chatting but I believe it's time to go practice...Uh, some quidditch" I said making an excuse. 

After we were out of sight, he let go of my waist "How long do we have to do this?" I asked not wanted to do it much longer "How ever long it takes her to leave me the bloody hell alone and understand I don't fancy her" I nodded "I'm going to need some type of payment" I said stopping and crossing my arms, he stopped too and looked down at me "Like what?" he questioned. I raised my eyebrows and smiled "You have to buy me butterbeer" he gave me a weird look "Thats it?" he asked. I nodded "Yep. What did you think I was going to say?" I said raising one eyebrow confused, he ignored what I asked and continued to walk off. Although I didn't wanna go flying, I thought it would be a good idea since the teams were either still home or were't practicing at the time. I started to make my way down to the quidditch pitch, to my surprised a few people were here. I kicked off the ground, I started to get some space between me and the ground "Maria!" I heard from above me. I looked up to see Oliver, I waved while he flew down to my level "How are you doing?" he asked while adjusting himself on his broom. I smiled "I'm doing pretty good, a bit better now actually. You?" I asked back. He then looked down at the ground "i'm doing pretty good...So" he started "What was going on yesterday? With Jeremiah?" he asked, I sighed. He then looked at me suspiciously "It's a long story. Basically Merla Malfoy gave Jeremiah a love potion and I happen to be the first person he saw, but his older brother and Anna's older brother Logan helped and made a hate potion to reverse it" I explained, he just nodded and smiled at me. 

"Oliver" I heard below me, I looked down to see Percy Wealsey, Oliver excused himself and flew down to him red head friend. 

I stayed in the same place, just enjoying the cold breeze "Sorry about that" I heard Oliver say as he popped up next to me again "Percy just needed to explain to me snapes new potions coming up" he explained, I just nodded understanding.

         I placed my broom against the wall "Hey" Anna said, I looked at her, she was laying on her stomach reading a book "Hey, what you reading?" I said while sitting on the edge of her bed. She turned the book showing me what she was reading, I read the cover 'Beginners Guide To Transfiguration' I nodded "Getting ahead on homework?" I asked while walking over to my bed. She whined "Sadly, McGonagall asked me to do some extra work on transfiguration" she said while flipping a page. I let out a small chuckle "Well, I wish you luck" I said while sitting on my bed and opening my nightstand drawer. I pulled out a small case that held my glasses, I opened the case and took my glasses out "I'll leave you to your work, i'm going to go see what Raina's up to" I said while opening the door. I closed it behind me and started to make my way down the staircase, finally no one would get in the way of the rest of my day. I walked towards the painting door, I pushed it open and stepped through, I was feeling a bit tired but I brushed it off as I made my way down the stone brick corridor.