1. Entrance Ceremony

Thorfinn POV:

It was early morning, and the sky in Japan was bright blue. The school grounds were bustling with students, who were trying to find their way to where the entrance ceremony was being held. It was Thorfinn's first year at Vinland High School, and he was a little nervous. However, he knew this year was going to be the same as his previous years of school. He was going to sit in the back of the classroom, and not talk to anyone. Anyone who did bother him, he would shut down completely, just for the simple reason that he does not care about school.

Thorfinn managed to find his way to where the ceremony was being held. It was outside the school, on a plain grass field. He stood in line with his class and watched as the headmaster of the school stepped on a podium and began to speak. The headmaster droned on and on about school rules, respectful behavior, and proper uniform. Thorfinn looked down at what he was wearing. He wore the Vinland high white collared shirt and black dress pants. However, Thorfinn's shirt was not tucked and unbuttoned, and he wore no tie. He knew the teacher's were going to punish him for it, but Thorfinn rolled his eyes, not caring.

As the headmaster continued speaking to the students about discipline, Thorfinn looked around him, wanting to know what his classmates looked like. As Thorfinn looked around, one student caught his eye. He was standing in the line behind him, and he had long pale blond hair. It took Thorfinn minutes to realize that this student was in fact a boy, and not a girl. He was wearing the male uniform after all. Thorfinn continued staring, watching as the boy's big blue eyes glistened in the sunlight. The boy who Thorfinn was watching suddenly tilted his head, and caught Thorfinn looking at him. Thorfinn quickly turned away, embarrassed.

Canute POV:

Canute walked into his first classroom for the day, flashing everyone a big smile. "Good morning, everyone!" He exclaimed, his blue eyes shining brightly. The students in the classroom looked up and waved, and some stood up to personally greet Canute. Canute smiled and talked to everyone. They began chatting to each other about their students, and Canute greeted old friends from last year.

The blond haired boy was especially excited for today, the first day of high school. He got up early this morning, and made sure everything was perfect. From his silky hair, to his perfectly tucked in uniform, Canute wanted today to be amazing.

Suddenly, their homeroom teacher walked in. In walked a tall lean man, who introduced himself as Mr. Askeladd. He had short blonde hair, a thick beard, and a charismatic demeanor around him. Canute eagerly jumped into a seat in the middle of the classroom, beside his friends.

Mr. Askeladd clapped his hands for everyone's attention. Canute noted that his teacher was wearing a white collared shirt and black dress pants. He had a navy blue tie, but it was loosened. "Alright, kids. Let's start with the rules. I know in every other classroom they're extremely strict about this stuff, but honestly, I don't care." Mr. Askeladd said, shrugging. The student's laughed, and Canute was beaming. "So, you folks don't have to dress up in proper uniform or whatever, because I don't care. However, please don't blame me if the head master catches. Other than that, you can do whatever you want during this part of the day, because I'm just your homeroom teacher." Mr. Askeladd continued talking and introducing himself

From behind Canute, he heard a chair creaking. He looked back and saw a short boy sitting onto the seat. He was looking down, hoping the teacher wouldn't notice him. 

"Hey! You! You're late!" Mr. Askeladd exclaimed, pointing at the short boy who had ruffled blond hair. The boy didn't say a word. He just stood still and gave the teacher a glare with his dagger brown eyes. Mr. Askeladd shrugged again. "See kids, I don't even care if you're late!" He said, and the students cheered, instantly liking their teacher.

Canute didn't cheer along with his classmates. Instead, his eyes were glued to the short boy behind him. His big blue eyes widened as he watched the boy grumpily slump into his chair. The boy looked up, his arms crossed. He caught Canute staring at him, and blushed slightly. Canute blushed too, and quickly looked away, his hair swishing behind him as he turned. Who is he?