The cipher night

Twas another day, like usual i sat with Sweet Pea, Toni and the rest of the gang. But today they were watching this video some Kid from the North side made threatening the newest mystery of riverdale. The black hood. "This kids ganna get himself killed" I rolled my eyes chugging what was left of my morning redbull.

"Hey, Im guessing were not watching funny cat videos." Jughead stated as he made his way closer to our table.

"We will find you,"

"Check this out." Sweet Pea smiled smugly as he turned the computer towards Jughead. "Some sick in the head Northsider posted a crazy ass video, and uhh we were just talking-"

"About what?" Jughead cut in.

"Fogarty wants to earn his Serpent stripes. I say bring us the head of that Northsider, and you're in." Sweet pea leaned around/over me to pat fangs' back.

"Im down with that." Fangs smiled as he looked up at jughead. Whom for some reason didnt seem too keen on that idea.

"No, guys, dont." He stressed.

"What, Jones?" Sweet Pea removed his arm from around me which at this point i hadnt even bothered to notice. Most people think Pea and i are like together, when in reality we're just early close friends, sometimes we flirt just for the jokes tho.

"I know this guy, he's a milquetoast. Hes a football player. Its kind of a lame target, is all im saying." The tall lanky boy protested. "You wanna prove something? Why dont you go after the Black Hood."

"And why would we do that?" Sweet pea hissed. "The Black Hoods targeting Northsiders, who do nothing but blame the Southside for everything thats wrong with this town and we're sick of it. The Black Hoods doing our work for us. Hes a hero." Pea continued to rant.

"Hey, Pea that dosent mean these people should die." I whispered as i placed a hand on his back.

The day was almost over and i was getting ready to leave as i shut my locker when toni caught my attention. "Hey, Y/n. I was wondering if you wanted to help out with the red and black? Since its up and running again."

"Uhh sure but whos writing now?" I asked leaning against my locker.

"Jughead. Also i was hoping it would be an opportunity for the two of you to be friends." Toni smiled as we began walking.

"I have Pea. Thats all i need." I shrugged, Toni and i have never really been that close were more acquaintances than anything and she knows that.

"Ok ok, but the two of you actually have a lot in common." She giggled as we made our way up the stairs.

"Toni," I sighed as she opened the door.

"Hey Jughead, I have to get home to take care of somethings but y/n decided to come back as editor. Anyway ill leave you two to talk about the paper." She smirked as she then quickly left.

"So.....What are you reading?" I asked awkwardly as i pulled up a chair to sit across from the boy in his iconic hat. He took off his headphones and closed his book before sliding it to me. by the way he did it i couldn't tell if i was bothering him or if something was up. "Beware the Zodiac. Its decent." I placed the book back on the desk. The faint buzzing noise of a phone caught my attention but apparently not Jugheads. "Are you ganna get that?"

He looked down at his phone that read 'Betty' before flipping it face down. "Ill call her back later." he smiled.

"If serial killers are your thing too, I suggest Ted Bundy, Albert Fish, John Wayne Gacy, Luis Garavito." I smiled as i fittled with the ends of my h/c hair.