The Kiss

You felt a speck of his drool on your lips. Involuntarily, your tongue whipped out to lap it up. He tasted like cotton candy.

Without thinking, you stepped up on tiptoes to kiss his mouth, but due to height difference, you ended up kissing one of his fuzzy pom pom buttons. You heard him giggle as you blushed.

Kiss me quick, you thought. You could hardly believe you were doing this crap.

You were of average height, but this clown was around 7 feet tall and you could feel warm confusion reverbing in his body. You momentarily feared that he would reject you.

Surprisingly, he knelt down to your eye level and swooped in to return your kiss. His hands were by his side awkwardly, so you guided him and placed them on your hips. You cupped his cheek with your hand and closed your eyes. Gently, slowly, you parried your lips with his, guiding him in total silence. You felt your own dormant hormones come alive. You could have sworn, this was the first time a clown kissed you. You two stayed that way for awhile, the occasional boom of thunder punctuating the peaceful room.

It was perfect.

You felt yourself sway and opened your eyes when you fell to the floor. Did he just push you away? It wasn't painful as you fell on your bum. You groped the peeled off walls for support as you slumped over in shock.

You cursed silently when you saw how devoid of emotion he was. He looked down at you smugly, as if the kiss did not mean anything to him.