Chapter 3

About 10 minutes later, the curly haired bully, who I assumed was Brad, showed up. He sat down, followed by a girl, who was caked in make-up and looked as though she was a cheerleader; by the perky smile on her face and the way she practically jumped everywhere. "Brad this is Lola." Tris introduced me to him. He gave me a small smile, and then turned his attention straight back to the other girl at the table. James noticed and whispered in my ear "That's Trinity. His third girlfriend this year. We hate her, she's using him, just because if we become famous she wants some of his money." I nodded in reply. I thought, if I met him and came to knew him, I could learn to love him. Obviously not.

I was so lost in thought, that when James nudged me, I jumped. "Sorry, what were you saying?" I blinked, my cheeks flushing red. "We were wondering if you'd like to come and see us perform?" Connor asked. "Sure. Is tomorrow okay?" I replied. All three boys nodded in return.

"What do you think, Brad?" James said. No reply. We turned our attention to the couple at the end of the table, sharing a pretty heated kiss. I blinked a few times to stop the tears from falling. James wrapped his arm around me, squeezing me, obviously knowing what was wrong.

I picked my bag up and stood up from the table. James, Con and Tris did the same. Brad pulled away from Trinity and stared at his three band mates. "Where are you guys going?" He questioned. "With Lola." Tris bluntly replied. Brad looked behind the boys and found my gaze. His eyes locked onto mine, wrapping me in the warm chocolate orbs. He turned away, coldly, and muttered, "Have fun."

And with that the tears fell and I ran away from the brown haired devil that was breaking my heart; even though I'd only just met him.

I ran outside, the tears running down my face like a waterfall, and collapsed underneath the oak tree James showed me earlier on. It was a good distance away from the school, which suited me perfectly. It was beginning to rain, but the tree kept me dry. A few seconds later, I noticed three figures walking towards the tree. Once they approached, James sat down next to me, pulling me into his chest. He smelt like lemon and linx. Tris and Con stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.