Eleanor

Name:  Eleanor

Name Meaning

Eleanor:  Eleanor is a name made popular by Eleanor of Aquitaine (c. 1122-1204), one of the most glamorous, wealthy, powerful and adventurous women in all of medieval Europe. If "celebrity" were a word in the English dictionary in the 12th century, she may very well have been the poster girl definition. She holds the exclusive distinction of having been Queen Consorts of both France (Louis VII) and England (Henry II). No one is quite certain from where her name comes, but there are several educated theories. For one, it's commonly believed to have been derived from the medieval Provençal (a southeastern French dialect) female name "Aliénor" from the Germanic "aljis" meaning "other, foreign" (from the Proto-Indo-European root "al" meaning "beyond"). Some believe Aliénor d'Aquitaine (Eleanor of Aquitaine) was given the moniker Aliénor in homage to her mother, Aénor of Châtellerault, but altered in order to specify "the other" Aénor. Still, other etymologists surmise Aliénor was merely the Provençal dialectical form of Elena (the Spanish form of Helen). Helen comes from the Greek (Ελένη) from "hēlios" meaning "sun, ray of light" or "the bright one". Today Eleanor is most popular in England and the United States.

Name Reasoning

Eleanor:  An elegant and simple name chosen by her parents. It's quite fitting for the girl; she's elegant and simple all at once.

Nicknames

Ellie:  She only goes by this if her family calls her Ellie. She won't go by Eleanor unless she's in trouble or if she's just met someone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Age
Eleanor is 16 years old

Gender:  Eleanor is female and uses she/her pronouns

Religion:  Eleanor doesn't really practice religion. She learns the ways of the Old Religion.

Birthplace:  Ealdor

Childhood Home:  Pendragon Castle, Camelot

Current Home:  Pendragon Castle, Camelot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Abilities
Fluid intelligence
Learning
Analysis
Rational Thought
Decision Making
Problem Solving
Emotional Intelligence
Language
Creativity
Technical Skills
Strategy
Organization
Leadership
Communication
Storytelling

Fears
Autophobia:  fear of being alone
Catagelophobia:  fear of being ridiculed
Necrophobia:  fear of death or dead things
Pyrophobia:  fear of fire

Hobbies
Drawing
Singing
Dance
Reading
Creative Writing
Sewing
Swordsmanship

Skills
Motivation
Strategic thinking
Honesty
Maturity
Patience
Reliability
Strategic Planning
Listening
Respect
Cleaning
Common sense
Cooperation
Friendship
Integrity
Organization
Responsibility
Imagination
Questioning
Reading
Writing
Alchemy
Skilled physician
Skilled healer

Habits
Pacing
Rambling
Fiddling with Her Hands

Character Aesthetic