New Course 3

RED'S POV

Sean's expression dropped when I asked for Sir Albert's photo. I wondered where I had gone wrong or what's with the question that made him react like that. However, he was quick to revert to his usual, smiling demeanor.

"I have it at home. Don't worry, I'll bring you home when you're ready."

I sat upright gaping at what he said. I could not understand why he seemed so serious in his treatment towards me. Our relationship had just begun and it would yet start at a working phase.

"Sean, why do you seem to take this seriously?" I asked the attitude he showed me was too good to be true. I could still count the days we were together by my fingers, and those meetings were all non-significant to build up a strong bond between us at such an early stage.

"So, it means you are not serious in accepting my proposal?" Throwing back a question as an answer may have silenced me but it did not wipe off all those unanswered questions I had in my mind.

"It's not what I mean-"

"If you are true to yourself then you can see my point in believing that if you can, others also can. And I, my dear girlfriend, also can."

"I know but-" I tried to explain, ignoring the fact that I still felt awkward to be called his girlfriend.

"Red, as I said, we are going to work this out together. The reason why I am successful at such a young age is that I am always sincere and that I am always looking at the bright side of everything, and I am taking things seriously. And positive thinking always does a miracle."

I looked down after I lost the argument. Perhaps, he was right. The current success of the whole TAG conglomerate was all because of his dedication and hard work. I then felt his fingers on my chin, lifting it up to look at him. He was already towering in front of me with his head bent down, meeting my awkward gaze.

"Red, promise me we're gonna work this out." I nodded, pursing a smile. All the courage I had a while ago to speak out everything that was in my mind blasted against his sincere and intense gaze.

"You have to sleep now. Tomorrow, you'll be starting the interview of your personnel in the clinic," he said, pressing his lips on my temple afterward.

"Alright, but do I really have to do it?" I slouched and pressed my back on the soft cushion of the couch's backrest.

"Yes, so that you can choose only those whom you want to be with."

I nodded again and slowly stood up to give him a hug. It was already getting very late and both of us needed the rest despite the surge of thrill that enveloped us as new lovers. My move surprised him but I saw the spark of happiness in his eyes. And I was not surprised when he held the back of my head again as he angled his face and covered my lips with his mouth. He then pulled my lower lip between his and gave it a gentle suck before he reluctantly released me.

"Goodnight, Red," he whispered against his shallow breathing. I knew he wanted more.

"Goodnight, Sean," I said, wearing a weak smile. I then walked him to the door, watching him leave reluctantly.

I woke up early the next morning and reviewed the credentials of each applicant. Sean had given me access to the company's website through email. I was surprised at the number of those applicants on such short notice so I had to pick a few to be interviewed. I send the list of those I picked back to the HR personnel to get them notified.

I hurried to take a shower before I went down to the kitchen to prepare my breakfast. Even if for five years I got used to a home where housekeepers did the chores, those many years I lived on my own had still helped me get readjusted back to independence. My mind was on the choice of food I would prepare while I stepped down on the stairs.

However, my eyes flew wide when I saw the curtains in the living room pulled to the side. The golden rays of the sun were already flooding the room in halos as it pierced through the heavily-tinted glass walls. The well-crafted landscape outside that bathed in the cool morning sunshine came into partial view and greeted my eyes with a refreshing afterglow. It made me feel a wonderful sense of freedom. Of being in control of my life once again.

I almost jumped and stepped back when I saw the door to the kitchen half-opened. I made it sure last night that all the doors of the house were closed. As I was debating whether or not I should go in, the door opened wide and Sean's captivating smile filled the door frame.

"Good morning, dear," he said as he approached me, placing a smack on my lips. I still stood pinned on the floor, wondering why he was there.

"Greenville Subdivision is one of the businesses of TAG, and this unit is supposedly mine, so that explains why I have the keys."

I stared at him but I got lost in my thoughts. Why did he know about my plan to purchase a unit? Why did he offer me the post as a company doctor? Why did he seem to know my plans?

"Sean, are you stalking on me?" I placed my hands on his chest while I glued my eyes on his gentle eyes. He also locked his hands at my lower back, enclosing me in a warm embrace.

"I am."

"Why?"

"Because I want you."

"When does this stalking started? When you saw me at the hospital?"

"No. A few months before that."

Goosebumps started to creep all over my body. Who is this man? Why is he interested in me? What is his true intention?

"When I knew you were taking up medicine, I bought the hospital where you might want to work."