1.9.3

Stiles and I walk into his room and I place my bag on his bed as Stiles sits in his desk chair. "Hey, Stiles!" we hear his Dad call. "Yo, D-Derek" Stiles trails off nervously. I turn to look over and see Derek hiding behind the open door and my eyes widen. Derek motions for us to be quiet, motioning for Stiles to go talk to his Dad.

Stiles quickly rushes out, closing the door behind him as he talks his Dad. "When'd you get here?" I whisper out. Derek just shrugs and I shake my head. After Stiles is done talking to his Dad, Stiles walks back in, shutting his door, only to be slammed against it by Derek.

I gasp in shock. "If you say one word-" Derek starts threatening. "Oh, what, you mean, like, 'Hey, Dad, Derek Hale's in my room...bring your gun'?" Derek falters at that and Stiles nods. "Yeah, that's right. If I'm harboring your fugitive ass, it's my house, my rules, buddy." Stiles hits him in the chest. Derek slowly nods, straightening out Stiles' jacket and Stiles laughs slightly.

Stiles does the same to him, moving to walk past him. Derek makes a move towards him, though, trying to scare him and Stiles jumps. "Oh, my God!" He exclaims. Derek then turns to look at me, giving me a look as well. "Yeah, yeah, I get it. Don't say a word or you'll eat me alive" I wave it off as Stiles sits back in his desk chair.

"Scott didn't get the necklace?" Derek wonders. "No. He's still working on it. But there's something else we can try" Stiles explains. Derek looks at him expectantly. "Look, the night we were trapped at the school, Scott sent a text to Allison, asking her to meet him there" Stiles says. "So?" Derek asks confused. "So it wasn't Scott." Stiles informs him.

"Well, can you find out who sent it?" Derek asks. "No, not me. But someone's best friend can" Stiles sends a smirk over at me. "If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, Stilinski, he doesn't like to mention that" I tell him. "This is our only chance, Alex. Come on. Please?" He begs. I glance at Derek who was giving me a look and gulp nervously. "Sure, yeah" I quickly nod, pulling out my phone.

~~~

"You want me to do what?" Danny asks incredulously. "Trace a text." Stiles tells him. "I came here to do lab work." He looks over at me and I smile sheepishly. "That's what lab partners do." Danny adds. "And you two will, once you trace the text" Stiles nods. "And what makes you think I know how?" Danny scoffs.

"I-I looked up your arrest report, so..." Stiles trails off sheepishly. "I-I was 13. They dropped the charges." Danny defends himself. "I tried telling him you didn't want to bring it up" I tell Danny and he rolls his eyes. "Whatever." Stiles holds his hands up in surrender. "No, Alex, we're doing lab work. And not here" Danny tells me.

"But my house is too far and so is yours. Can't we just do it here and Stiles can work with us and just give his partner the answers?" I whine. Danny looks between us before sighing. "Fine" He says and I fist bump victoriously as we both pull up a chair to sit at Stiles' desk.

As we start working, Stiles types something on his computer as Danny glances back. He leans in closer to us. "Who's he again?" He asks curiously, motioning towards Derek. Stiles and I quickly look at each other before glancing back at Derek. "Uh...my cousin....Miguel" Stiles makes up. "Martínez" I add and Stiles nods. "Is that blood on his shirt?" Danny asks, looking back at Derek.

Stiles and I quickly turn back to look at Derek and sure enough, there was blood on his shirt. "Yeah. Yes. Well, he gets these horrible nosebleeds." Stiles explains. "Miguel" I call out and Derek looks up at the both of us with a glare. "Remember what we said about you and your nosebleeds? You have to change your shirt" I remind him, motioning towards Stiles' dresser. "Yeah, I thought I told you, you could borrow one of my shirts." Stiles nods.

Derek shuts the book he was reading, scowling at the both of us. He throws it on the bed, moving towards Stiles' dresser and taking off his shirt. "So, anyway, I mean we both know you have the skills to trace that text, so we should probably-" Stiles starts saying but I could tell Danny's attention was on something else instead. Or should I say, someone else.