Your first steps

Dean:

You looked up at your dad as he was eating some pie. You wondered what it would taste like but he was too far for you to crawl to him. "Daddy!!!" You had screamed at him across the kitchen. Dean turned around to face you with his face stuffed with the sweet dessert. You held your arms up for him to come pick you up but he wasn't budging.

"Just let me finish this up real quick, baby girl. Then we'll go into the living room and play. I promise." You got upset and wanted to try it before he ate it all. And knowing Dean, it would be gone pretty quickly. You saw the table leg next to you and used your strength to stand up. While standing up, you tried to gain your balance as to not fall on your bottom. Once you felt comfortable and confident in your balance you put your left leg forward. You wobbled a little bit, but you were persistent to get to your dad before the food was gone off his plate. You then started your journey to Dean from across the kitchen yelling for him. Dean turns back around and sees you walking. He bends down to your height and holds his arms out.

"Come here baby. You're almost to daddy! You can do it!" Although he was excited that you were taking your first steps, you were more excited to see how the pie would taste to you. You giggled and started quickening your pace to your dad. When you got to him he lifted you up and hugged you close to his chest. "Great job, sweetheart! You can walk now!" He said with excitement but with a hint of sadness. His baby girl was growing up so quickly in his eyes. You smiled and kissed his cheek. "Pie?" You asked with your Uncle Sammy's signature puppy dog eyes. Dean laughed and set you down on his lap as he got some of the pie on his fork and gave you a small bite. 

"You like the pie baby?" Dean looked down at your cheeky smile as you nodded your head. He grabbed another forkful for himself but you grabbed it with your hands and ate it. "You are daddy's little girl. Now we're gonna have to buy more pie for the both of us." You smiled and hugged your dad's neck lovingly as he hugged you back.

Sam:

You were sitting on the floor of the library with your Uncle Cass with your Uncle Dean and dad were reading lore books. You were playing with your kid-friendly legos that Uncle Cass had brought for you to entertain yourself with. You wanted your dad to play with you as well as your Uncle Dean but they were too focused in their reading to pay attention to you. You turned to your Uncle Cass and stacked another block on your small tower.

"Daddy?" You pointed to Sam while looking at Cass. "Not now, y/n. Your father is doing some research to help others around him. Maybe he'll play with you in a little bit." You pouted and felt hurt. Not physically of course, but your heart hurt. You felt that your daddy didn't love you as much anymore because he wasn't playing with you or giving you any attention. Castiel could sense your sadness and held you in his lap while he pulled the tablet that was on the floor next to him.

"How about we watch y/f/m while Uncle Dean and Sam are working?" You gave a sad nod as he picked you up and went into the living room. He started the movie and watched the animations dance around on the screen. But you had other plans. You were staring at your dad and still felt sad. You started moving around in Cass' lap and stood up holding onto the couch. You wanted your dad and you were planning to get to him. You gathered your balance and made your way to the library.

"Y/n. What are you doing?" You heard your Uncle Cass say from behind you which caused your dad and Uncle Dean to turn to face you. You waddled your way to your dad with his puppy dog eyes and stretched out your arms to him.

"I wan daddy..." You said in a sad tone. He stood up from his chair and held his arms out to you. Once you saw him look excited you started to quicken your stride but did not see the step that led into the library. You were bracing yourself for the impact of the step on your face but felt arms around your waist instead. You dad picked you up and threw you up in the air catching you.

"Sweetheart! You took your first steps!" Your dad said happily. You hugged his neck and started to cry slightly. "Daddy no love me..." He could tell you were upset with him not playing with you and so could everyone in the room.

"How about you and y/n go play a little bit? Cass can help me figure out where these demons are and why they're terrorizing everyone in the city." Your Uncle Dean said. You and your dad went to your room where he played anything and everything you wanted. You just needed some alone time with your dad and you were grateful that he took time off to spend it with you.

Castiel:

You were crawling around the bunker trying to find your father and you were getting tired. You got so exhausted that you stopped and laid down right in the middle of the library and fell asleep. You missed your father. Sometimes he would go off for a few days without seeing you, leaving you with your uncles Sam and Dean. You began dreaming of you and your father playing around like you used to when you were smaller and how joyful both of you were. You didn't know that you had began crying when you felt a pair of arms pick you up from the ground. You woke up to see your Uncle Sam had picked you up.

"What's wrong y/n? Do you miss your dad?" You nodded and started to let a few tears leave your e/c eyes. Sam felt horrible that you were upset and tried to calm you down. "Don't worry sweetheart, he'll be back home soon enough. How about we watch some cartoons? Would you like that?" Although that isn't necessarily what you wanted you nodded and held onto your uncle tight. Sam had put on y/f/s and within a few episodes your Uncle Sam was fast asleep. You then got out of his lap and called out to your father to where only you could hear. Within seconds, your father was in the library.

"Bumble bee, what's wrong?" You looked up and saw your father and stood up. Without thinking you started to put one foot in front of the other and walked to him. You got to his pant leg and gripped onto it with all your might. "I miss you, dada." You start crying and hugging his legs as tight as you could thinking that he would leave you just as quickly as he had done before. Your father picked you up and held onto you, hugging you softly.

"I'm not going to go anywhere, bumble bee. Don't you worry." Although no one else was there to see your first steps, it was a very close moment for both you and your father. He kept his promise and stayed with you until you fell asleep on his chest. He played with your h/c locks as he made sure to keep you safe and sound.