Split

(Angst warning)

"Wow! That's so pretty!" Yula exclaimed in awe as she stared upon her older sister's right hand that had a soft glowing blue and green flame caressing the length of her palm and fingers. They were outside in their yard, clouds drifting across the bright blue sky with the sun shining softly; the day was cool yet warm as a soft breeze helped cool off the rays of the sun. 

"Would you look at that!" their mother chuckled with a smile and she watched her oldest daughter stare at the flame that came from her hand. "Seems you have more of my quirk than daddy's" she smiled and lit up her own flame but it looked more purplish with a soft orange in the middle of the flame. 

"I wonder what my quirk will be!" Yula giggled with excitement since she was only 4 years old and had to wait until the following year to find out what her quirk was. "I hope it's as pretty as yours" she cooed while Odette smiled and made the flame bigger with a grin, the 6 year old ecstatic about her quirk

"I'm sure it'll be just as pretty," the blonde with colored streaks in her hair said with a smile, "Oh! oh! I wanna try something!" 

Odette took a step back and created a small fire ball, eyes widening and losing a bit of control as the fire ball shot out of her hands and ended up burning her sister on her back on accident. A loud cry came from the raven haired child and a gasp came from both Odette and their mother as they ran over to where Yula was. The child was screaming and crying, soon shivering once water was sprayed all over her tiny body; they turned to see their father holding the hose with a hard look on his face once the fire was put out before walking over and spitting in his hand where the spit turned into a sea-foam blue goop and placed it on her back. 

Yula whimpered softly as her burn was soothed from the burning sensation, her blood red eyes glossy from the tears that were running down her cheeks. "I assume Odette received her quirk," their father sighed and waited for the burn to heal as much as it could. 

"I-I tried doing something cool b-but I-I ended u-up h-hurting Y-Yulaaa!" Odette wailed in distress as she hugged her younger sister close to her, trembling as she sobbed. "I-I'm sorry! I d-didn't m-mean to!"

"It's ok..." Yula sniffled and hugged her sister back while her parents sighed and shook their heads. "I'll teach you how to control your quirk, my love" their mother assured Odette. 

The 6 year old sniffled and nuzzled her sister's cheek with a whimper as she nodded at her mother's promise before turning her around and gasped at the burn mark she left on Yula's back.

Odette swallowed hard and whimpered softly as she looked at the marking, it had healed thanks to her father's quirk but it left a nasty looking scar. Thankfully, Yula felt much better now that it healed and just hugged her sister, smiling up at her with bright, wide eyes. 

"I know you didn't do it on purpose, I forgive you" she grinned with her eyes closed. 

Odette nodded and sniffled softly before smiling back after wiping her tears off of her face.