TWENTY ; new starts

( Chapter Twenty )

NEW STARTS

real life ft. Diana !

"You're a lot better in person, you know. Sure you could use a little more hair but nobody is judging you because of how amazingly cute you are. Aren't you?" I whispered to the tiny sleeping baby in my arms.

Lux Atkin.

A unique name for a unique girl.

"You and I are going to get along tremendous if you keep this up."

"I think you love that baby more than your actual baby," Niall told me, slightly inching closer to me in the small hospital room.

"Maybe. But Terra will always own a special place in my heart." I responded, referring to my beloved guitar.

It really was my pride and joy. I bought it the day I turned 16. My old guitar, which I was told used to be my dad's, was at the time nearly falling apart. The bridge of it literally was falling off.

It took me 4 months to save up enough money by working in a diner to buy her. Her beautiful red body and shiny black neck. All the way to her sliver tuning keys. Terra was most definitely my pride and joy in my life.

My dad's old guitar now hangs on the living room wall with me and Niall's never-ending collection of instruments. We recently added a ukulele to it too.

I'm glad we have a roommate that doesn't mind there constantly being some sort of musical instrument being played. There was always some sort of music being played or listened to in our apartment. Zayn actually said once that he enjoys the background noise. Saying how it blocks out the rolling stream of cars that seem to always be driving pass by the apartment.

"I'm glad Lou gave birth just for you to hold her for hours on," Tom said from Lou's hospital bed.

"I don't hear the lady who gave birth to your daughter or the child complaining."

"She's right, love. Lux hasn't cried once since Diana started holding her." Lou added in.

"See? Jokes on you Tommy boy."

"Glad you could actually stop by, all jokes aside. You two seem to always be busy."

"Yeah, well only one more day until the music video comes out. So it's only going to get busier." I slowly stood up and handing Lux back to her mom before sitting back down next to Niall.

"Are you two excited?" Lou asked us before she showered Lux with kisses all over the small babies face.

"More nervous than anything, ya know? Scary feeling in the pit of my stomach." Niall answered her. He looked like he wanted to throw up from nerves. Or maybe it was the fact he was hungover from last night. My guess would be with the later of the two.

Niall and Zayn both barely remember last night. I woke this morning to Zayn banging on my door, asking me where we kept the Advil. Without me, all five boys would lose their heads if it wasn't attached to their necks.

"Did I ever send you a picture of our new roommate?" I asked the couple, pulling out my phone from my purse.

"New roommate? What do you mean?" Lou and Tom both looked very confused at this. I took that as a no for my question.