Chapter 8| Christmas

It was two days before Christmas and everyone was packing up to go home. I, however, was sitting in the common room reading and minding my own business, before I was doused in cold water. I screamed and stood up, looking for the culprit, or should I say, culprits. I saw a flash of red hair go down the stairs to the dormitories.

"FRED! GEORGE! I'M GOING TO GET YOU FOR THIS!" I yelled, practically leaping down the stairs. When I got to their room, the door was locked, so I used 'Alohomora' and the door unlocked and I flung it open, only to see that Lee and Caden were on their beds. "Where. Are. They?" I said, through gritted teeth.

"I have no idea. Last they said was that they were going to the bathroom." Lee said.

"Lee Jordan I will not hesitate." I said, pointing my wand at him. "Where are they?" I asked, once again.

"I told you, I don't know. Try Ron and Harry's room." Lee said, shoving my wand out of his face. I spun on my heel and marched out of the room and to Harry and Ron's dorm.

"Ronald!" I yelled.

"Huh?!" he asked, looking a bit startled.

"Where are Fred and George?"

"I-um...I don't know." he nervously said.

"Don't you dare lie to me. Where are they?" I said, glaring at him, my hair still dripping water.

"I saw them go into the bathroom. But I wouldn't go in there if I were you." Harry said.

"Harry, does it look like I care about walking into the boys bathroom?" I seethed.

"What I meant was, that while they're hiding from you, you could think of a way to get them back."

"Harry, you're a genius." I said, ruffling his hair. "So, what did you have in mind?" I asked.

"Well, there is this muggle prank that is pretty hilarious."

~Time Skip~

The prank was set up. I had snuck into the kitchen and taken some of the donuts before they could be filled with jelly, and filled them with ketchup instead. Of course, I did grab the rest of the group regular donuts, but only two had ketchup in them.

"Oh, there you guys are." I said, seeing Fred and George walk into the common room. The rest of the group was already sitting around the fireplace. "You know, I grabbed some donuts from the kitchen. But since you guys didn't want to come out from wherever you were, we already had ours. There are two left in that bag over there." I said, nodding my head towards the bag on the table.

"You're acting very odd compared to how pissed you were about the water bucket." George said, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Guys come on, it was just a bit of water. Sure I was mad, but it was pretty funny." I said, calmly. The two boys grabbed the donuts and headed over to sit by us. They both took a bite and I watched their reactions to tasting the ketchup rather than the sweet jelly that's normally in them.

"Merlin Y/N! What the bloody hell is in this?" Fred asked.

"Whatever do you mean?" I asked, innocently.

"There's ketchup in these! Did you do that?" George asked.

"No! Why would I ever do such a thing?" I asked, grinning.

"Okay, okay, now we're even. No more." Fred said, throwing the donut in the trash.

"Oh I'm not so sure about that, have you seen your dorm floor?" I smirked.

"What the bloody hell did you do?" Fred asked.

"Just go look and see for yourself." I said, with the biggest grin on my face.