you owe me-

Ayo! Wanted to get this out before the She-Ra final season comes out tonight? Tomorrow? Tonight! Eh, I won't be pulling an all nighter to watch it. Just gotta wake up earlier and start that baby!

Okay, okay but... super hyped because we might be getting a Catradora AND Harlivy kiss on the same day? Ah!

Alright, anyways, hope you enjoy this little diddy!

***

Jay was in love with Cole.

Which was precisely why he was running away from him.

He sprinted across the courtyard, running up the walls to master a flip in the air as he skillfully avoided coming into contact with Cole's hammer. Just as he had practiced earlier, he landed firmly on both feet, rubbing his hands together to spark electricity.

A current traveled through his arms, causing his entire body to feel lighter and more agile. As Cole turned around to land another hit, Jay thrust his hands out in front of him, sending a jolt of electricity Cole's way. The master of earth quickly managed to dodge it, spinning into a tornado as he circled Jay.

As quick as he could, Jay shot a small bolt of lightning at both Cole's feet. The ninja jerked, shakily swinging his hammer at Jay and missing him by a beat. Taking this to his advantage, Jay tore the hammer out of Cole's hands, hefting it over a shoulder.

Cole regained his balance, furrowing his brows at Jay. In an instant, Cole's arms had lit up in its signature orange color, travelling up his arms in blotches. His scar glowed as his fists hit the ground and the floor beneath Jay's feet trembled.

The blue ninja flailed his arms in the air, trying to keep himself from falling over. It was no surprise, however, when Jay opened his eyes, only to find Cole looming over him, brown eyes on blue.

He held out a hand, the orange having toned down, Jay graciously accepting it.

"Well, that was slightly better than yesterday," he told Jay, helping the blue ninja upright.

Jay dusted off his suit, grimacing. "Of course, you get to say that. I don't think it's fair that you get to use your hammer and your earth punch."

"Is it my fault I was turned into a ghost and cursed to come out just barely through the rift?" Jay lifted a hand and opened his mouth, ready to scream the obvious at Cole when the black ninja held up a hand.

"Wait. Don't answer that. But are you really that hurt that you could never win against me? You might turn out to be a bigger sore loser than Kai."

After all, it was his idea to tie themselves together back at Yang's temple in the first place.

"Still, doesn't defeat my point that it's not fair."

Cole bent down to pick up his hammer, catching Jay stretching his arms and rolling his wrists from the corner of his eyes. "Yeah, well, don't cut yourself short, Sparkplug. Lightning is just as powerful."

He stopped, glancing over at Cole as an all but familiar smirk found its way across his face. "Powerful?"

Cole squinted, spinning on his heels and making a bolt for the door as he shook his head. "And I immediately take that back."

Though, he didn't. Not entirely at least.

Because while it was true, and he did genuinely mean it, Cole couldn't deny the rush it brought him whenever Jay put himself high on a pedestal. Often, there were times Jay's smugness succeeded to get on his nerves. But being overconfident was just something he learned to live with. Especially with Kai around.