Cliche Much?

I'm not the best writer out there but I'm the overthinking reader. This is not advice, it's an analysis from a reader (and also advice. Lol.)

Without further ado, let's begin.

The One:
The formula of love has become way too cliche nowadays.

Girl meets boy, boy meets girl, then they fall in love, the problem arises, someone solves it, then happily ever after.

There's no problem in this type of stories. I love them too but have you realised when the boy touches the girl, there were sparks and butterflies and electricity but these things are limited to that boy only. And vice versa

Love can happen many times, with many people, in many forms. I mean you can do a change and not make it a happily ever after.

The concept of 'Happily ever after' s is different from person to person. When some people like their protagonists to end up together. Some want them to have their own life before being together.

Happy Endings are overrated, aren't they?

Eye Reading Power:
We all have seen that the protagonist can determine a person's mood with just eye contact.

No words, zero communication but the person can assume the emotions just correctly! See there's no problem in showing emotions through eyes but it's not realistic like I can never understand how my partner fees with this weird superpower. Comment below if you can.

Revealing everything in a dream: Okay a quick confession; I have done this thing.

Revealing a character's past in a dream could be the laziest thing you have done in your life.

I get it. Nightmares happen. But my nightmares are mostly the ending of the world or I'm dead... Or something similar to that.

Now see, no one really dreams about how their past was crap on a daily basis.

Got my point?

Mary or Gary Stu
(Hopefully not both at once):
These characters are the most annoying one. Sorry.

But seriously, these characters can do no wrong, and simply are just... dumb.

Now as I said earlier, I am not the best writer but still, listen, if your character just falls into the main hot guy's arms without any real problems then maybe, your character is just sluggish.

Dead Mom/Abusive Father:
No, no, no. Before you guys come onto me for saying the thing I will say below, let me get this clear, I know that it happens in real life.

Now as I was saying, yes it happens in real life but does every single protagonist have to have a dead mom/abusive dad?

No.

It worked in Harry Poter but unless it really adds to the story, it looks cliche and lazy. Make it an exception. Make the dad actually loving and the mom, alive. Vice versa.

So that's the five points that I think that you as a writer can do to your stories to make it a fresh breath of air.

Mimi ( WomanBehindWords ),
Signing out.