Chapter 10

The next morning, Arlo awoken to a lockdown. He rushed out of his room to see police officers outside his dorm. "Uh-- yes? Can I help you?" Arlo asked.

"Excuse me young lad, we have to bring you down for questioning since we've recieved multiple assusations about you." The police officer said. Arlo was confused, why would someone-- oh. Cecile probably released another photoshopped picture...

"Okay." Arlo said, the police officer led Arlo down to an empty classroom to be interrogated. Over the an hour, the police didn't get anything useful to the crime and had told Arlo they needed to ask around more.

On his way out, a lot more people accused him of killing the poor young woman.

John was also in the crowd, but he came over, looking worried. "Are you good, Arlo?" He asked and Arlo shook his head sadly. John symathetically patted his back.

A student walked up to them both, "Hey, if you stay so close to the king, you'll be murdered next." A student taunted John.

He glared at her, "Why do you assume that Arlo's the one who killer her? What's your reason behind that? Don't tell me you're just assuming." He scoffed, the girl glared back at him with a smirk on her face.

"Well, unluckily for you, I do." She laughed, "The person who died was the one who was spreading rumors about him. Killing her would silence her." She rolled her eyes.

Emma walked her way over to John, "I still believe that he didn't do anything." Emma sighed. "Besides, if the other rumor wasn't true, it wouldn't do him any good anyways." He recongnized her as the person who stood up for him last time. The one who yell at her friend... just to stand up for him.

Another person stood up, "Yeah, well, maybe he's the sadistic person. Maybe he likes hurting innocent people. Maybe he wanted pleasure."

"Ew, that's sick." The girl looked at the man in disgust.

John wanted to laugh yet he wanted to strangle the two. Emma laid a hand on John's shoulder, he looked at her. "No, don't." She said softly. She knew what John wanted to do, she knew it all too well.

John let out a deep sigh. "Believe us now?" The male rolled his eyes.

"Nope." Emma said with a chuckle, "If you're so quick to accuse the king, then who will lead the school? See, you haven't thought this through, are you suggesting that you, a elite-tier lead the whole school into the ground?"

His face turned red, "That's not--"

"Well, it sure sounds like it. You'll affect the whole school like that, just by a rumor." She laughed, "Then Wellston would finally fit it's title--" She became quiet.

She didn't realize she went off board.

"Don't talk to me like that!" He bellowed, raising his fist to attack her.

Emma didn't move an inch, her lips curled up into a smile.

His fist crashed into a barrier, inflicting the pain back onto him in an instant. Arlo had activated his ability.

"Honestly, stop with all the pathetic lies. That's what's going to be this school's downfall." John waved off. He glanced at Arlo to make sure he's okay, and he was. A little better than before.

"Um... actually, I believe you, John." A female student emerged from the crowd, stumbling a little. It was a girl who had pink little pig tails on either side and a shy personality. She looked at John in astonishment.

Who was this again?

"Honestly, me too..." Another student with blue hair admitted. "It doesn't make sense if Arlo would kill anyone, he is the king after all."