Chapter 5

Olivia's P.O.V.

I was in the kitchen cooking dinner and thinking about Niall. I couldn't get my mind off of him. My thoughts always went back to him no matter how much I tried to avoid thinking of him. It had been a week since I went over to give Niall his keys back, and I hadn't heard much from him. He sent me a text on Monday asking me if I would come over and talk to him about the break up, but I declined the offer since I couldn't be around him without wanting him back. I hated that I believed him when he said he would change. If the change didn't last we would be in the same place. Hurt all over again. We could both easily go back into taking each other for granted.

"Kimmie! Dinner will be ready in about ten minutes!" I heard her walking towards the kitchen. She popped her head in the doorway.

"Harry is coming over for dinner. Did I already tell you that?"

"You did not tell me that."

"Sorry I thought I did."

"Thank you for inviting Niall's best friend to dinner."

"He's my boyfriend. Just because your relationship failed doesn't mean mine has to end." I just stared at her trying to stop myself from feeling any emotion. "Sorry. That was really rude. I didn't mean for it to come off like that. I shouldn't have said that."

"It's okay. You're right. This is also your house." She smiled before ducking back into the living room. I really didn't want him to come over but I knew Kimmie wanted to see him. Niall and I were the ones to set them up and they've been together almost as long as we had. Harry arrived a few minutes before I finished cooking dinner.

We all sat at the table and throughout dinner I felt like an awkward third wheel. It was awful listening to them talk as I pushed food around my plate. I also had to fight the urge to ask Harry if he knew how Niall was doing. I hadn't heard from him which is what I told him I wanted, but I still missed him. I just had to sit there and listen to the conversation I wasn't a part of until Kimmie brought up Niall.

"What all have you done this week Harry? Did you hang out with Niall any?" I looked up at Kimmie not knowing why she asked him that and she just smiled at me. I kept my face straight and looked back down at my food when Harry looked at me.

"No I haven't seen him. I asked him if he wanted to do something, but he said no. He seemed pretty upset actually. He didn't really say much and kept his answers short. He hasn't been as upbeat as normal." He was trying to get me to see that Niall was really upset, but it wasn't enough for me to go back to him. It only made me feel bad for leaving him when Niall was the one who should feel bad. Clearly he did feel bad, but I wasn't going back. I couldn't. I also couldn't listen to them talk about Niall anymore, so I put my plate in the kitchen and washed dishes. They came in shortly after with their dishes before they went in the living room. After I finished cleaning I started to go to my bedroom.

"Olivia you don't want to watch a movie with us?"

"No thanks I was the third wheel through dinner I think I'll just leave you alone."

"You aren't a third wheel. You are our friend."

"Thanks, but I'm still going to my room." I quickly got bored of being in my room with nothing to do, so I went out to get some ice cream. I saw Kimmie and Harry making out on the couch. "Good thing I went to my room right guys." They quickly broke apart not even noticing when I had come out of my room.

"Sorry Liv."

"It's fine, but if you are going to have sex please don't do it on the couch." She laughed and stood up grabbing his hand and pulling him off to her room.