Chapter 3.01

"You should of let me drown." I murmured, I heard a gasp and I didn't know if it was of realisation, fear, anger or sadness.

I looked up in tears and saw he was angry and I nodded, "How could you say that Beau?!" He asked me exasperated. I let my tears roll down my cheeks. "This is all my fault, why you're sad..." he murmured and let a tear roll down his face. I looked up surprised.

"W-What?" I asked him shyly and stood up and in front of him. He reached out and placed a hand on my cheek. For some reason I leant into the touch.

"Do you know what imprinting is?" He asked me, I furrowed my brows in confusion. Imprinting? "I thought so." I smiled at that and he gave a small one as well. "Imprinting is...when you see her; all of a sudden it's not gravity holding you to this world, it's her. Nothing else matters. You would do anything for her, be anything for her."

I looked down in confusion and looked up once more and saw he was looking at me fondly, "Like soul mates?" He smiled kindly and gave a nod and stroked my cheek with his thumb. "Have you...imprinted on someone?" He smiled wider and nodded. My eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Who?"

I didn't think I wanted to know the answer, something inside me wanted it to be me...and I didn't know why. "Well..." I think I knew; he was obsessed with Bella, he loved Bella...he imprinted on Bella. I just know it.

"It was Bella wasn't it." I said and turned away from his touch and started to cry again, I let a small squeak past my lips and covered my mouth.

"No! It was...you." He said and I stopped, everything froze like a movie and I turned toward him, "it's why I couldn't let you drown, why I could never hate you, why...Quil...left you." He whispered the last part and my heart broke once more. Because of this wolf thing...I was broken hearted.

"Can you control who you imprint on?" I asked him, his eyes shot open in shock and surprise.

"No." I let out a breath of relief, it wasn't his fault. It was no ones fault. "We shift when vampires are near, when the magic in our blood arises." He said and it all made sense. It was the Cullen's fault.

"So it was the Cullen's fault." I stated and turned toward him once more, "I forgive you Jake. And since you mentioned the whole...being anything. Could we be friends for the time being?" He smiled widely and marched forward and hugged me as close as he could.

"Thank you for understanding Beau." He said and kissed my forehead. "I think I should let you know, Quil imprinted also." At that I smiled relieved.

"Who on?" His smiled dropped and he seemed reluctant to tell me.

"Like I said we have no choice who it's on..." he told me and I hoped it wasn't Bella, "a girl named Claire...she's two." I suddenly felt sorry for Quil and knew that I've been so selfish.

"I've been so selfish." I whispered and Jake shook his head.

"No, no you haven't." He said and then we laid on my bed and I passed out, I was exhausted.

~~~

The next day I was going to confront Quil; Jake had said that the pack connection had prepared them and had seen what happened last night. Honestly I was nervous to see him, he broke my heart...but I understood why.

As we pulled into Sam and Emily's drive I took a deep intake of air. Jake took my hand and smiled at me, I returned the kind smile. When I hopped out all the boys ran out to me and Embry was first to hug me.

"Hey lady dude! We missed you!" I smiled and hugged him tighter than before and we went into a comforting hug, I turned and jumped into Cal's arms and squealed.

"How are you?" He asked me and I pulled away with a sad smile.

"I've been better." I replied, I looked over and Quil and smiled at him. He smiled back, sheepishly, I then hugged him. "I'm sorry I was so dramatic, I understand now." I whispered and I felt him give a relieved breath and hug me tightly.

"Missed you B," he muttered and I laughed and pulled back. The rest of the pack nodded at me and I went inside and caught up with everyone.

After a few hours I heard a car horn. Jared and Quil jumped up happily and a woman with a little girl walked in, Jared embraced the woman and Quil took the little girl. I smiled.

"And you just me Claire." I cooed, everyone looked at me surprised that I warmed to her so suddenly. I had always wanted kids, even though I couldn't have any. Not only was I scared because of my bipolar but I was sterile.

"Yes she is." Quil said after a while, I smiled and held my arms out and he gladly passed her over.

"Hi! I'm Beau." I cooed, Claire squealed and hugged me around my neck and I spun around.

"Hi!" She said happily and I gave the brightest smile ever. "I'm Cwaire!" I giggled at her adorableness.

"You are so cute!" Claire giggled and I passed her off to Quil and then sat by Jacob.

"I'm Kim, Jared's imprint." The girl said and held out her hand. "It's nice to finally meet you Beau." I smiled at her and took her outstretched hand. "Do you want kids one day?" At that Jake sat forward making me feel guilty for an unknown reason.

"I do actually...but- uh- I c-can't." I murmured and saw Jake furrow his brows.

"Why?" Kim asked me and sat forward.

"Well for one, I'm scared I'd pass on my disability," I saw a sad look cross all the wolves faces, "and I actually c-can't...I'm...y'know." I whispered the last part as a tear rolled down my face. I always wanted kids, and I could never have them.

Jake took my hand and rubbed my back tentatively, I was shocked and looked at him weirdly. He smiled at me and pulled me to his chest. Kim smiled in realisation.

"Omg! You're an imprint too!" At that I coughed lightly and looked up in shock and nodded shyly, "how long have you been together?" At that my eyes widened.

"Jeez lady, I found out yesterday." Everyone laughed at me including Jake and I smiled. Everyone was happy, even if I wasn't...they were.

"Damn I love you."