The most difficult thing

July 23rd.

Today is Cordelia's 13th birthday.  Fiona decorated Cordelia's door with black balloons.

"You're so cute, Fifi!  What a sweet mommy." Joe smiles as he walks over and places his hands on her waist.

"Aw thank you!  I'm trying.
  I want to make up for the shit job I did last year.. and the eleven years before that."

Joe chuckles and kisses her cheek.
"Lucky number thirteen, Huh?"

"Yep.  Crazy.. I feel like I just have birth to her..
  Oh Joe, she was the most beautiful little baby I have ever seen!"

"She's very beautiful now, so I can see that."

"Childbirth was the most difficult thing I have ever been through.. but I wish so badly I could do it again."

*
*
*

"Harold, I'm really not feeling great today.  I think she's coming."

"Really?"

"Yeah.  I've been having pains all morning long, and she feels really low."

"What do you need for me to do?  Do you want me to call your mom?"

"Ugh I really don't want to but.." Fiona sighs. "I don't have a choice.  This is the only time I've ever wished I wasn't a witch.  I'd love nothing more than to be at the hospital and to have an epidural but.. I don't know how my body will react to the birth.  My mom had me at home and she said some freaky shit was happening.  I just can't risk it." Fiona says a second before one of the strongest contractions she's had hits her.

"Oh fuck!" Fiona grabs her back with one hand, and her lower stomach with the other.

"You okay?"

"Do I fucking look okay?!  I am no-" Fiona gasps. "Holy shit!"

"What-"

"My water broke!"

"Let me call your mother!  You just uh.. get comfortable and, and, and I'll.. I'll be there in a second!  Holy shit, she's coming.."

**

Twenty two hours later.

"AHHHH!"

"Stop screaming, Fiona!" Fiona's mother scolds her.

"I have to push!  I feel her trying to come out!" Fiona sobs. "I can't do this!  I'm so tired!"

"Just do it, Fiona!"

"Oh okay, mother!  I'll just squeeze her out really quick!" Fiona snaps. "Fuck off, mom!"

Fiona's mother glares at her, and Fiona feels as though huge weights are holding her down.

"MOM!"

"You think you're so powerful, get up now and push this baby out!"

"Stop it, I can't do this right now!  I-AAAAHHHH!  FUCK!"
Suddenly the lights flickered over and over again.  Frames fell off the wall as the intense pain rode through Fiona's body.

Fiona looked up and saw Harold staring at her with wide eyes inside.  She knew she was in this alone.  Fiona's baby girl was coming, and she needed to first get away from her mother before bringing Cordelia into the world.

Fiona closed her eyes and focused.
She shouted loudly.  The bedroom windows opened, and lightening striked on a beautiful sunny day.

Suddenly her mother flew and hit the wall.
Fiona then stood up and walked out of the room.

"Fiona!" Harold shouted as he followed her.
Fiona ignored him and went into the babies room.

"I'm sorry baby.  I know you want to come out, but mommy has to get away from that woman!"
Fiona then squats down while holding onto the baby's crib.

"Ahhh!  Oh this hurts!  Come on, baby.  Get out of me.  Please, please get out of mommy!" Fiona cries while pushing as hard as she can.

"Fiona!"

"Please stay back and let me do this alone, Harold!  I don't want to deal with anyone right now!"

Fiona then took a couple deep breaths before pushing again.
"Oh my gosh, something came out!" She reaches down and feels the baby's head.

"Oh my gosh!  I'm doing something!  Mommy's doing it, baby girl!" Fiona smiles before giving her all in one final push.
"Uh.. AHHHH!" Fiona grunts loudly as the baby slides out.

"Oh my goodness!  Hi!" Fiona giggles and holds the baby to her chest.
"Wow!  You're so beautiful, Cordelia!  You're so so beautiful!" Fiona cries.

"I'm your mommy!  I promise to always love you!" Fiona kisses her baby girl on the top of her head as she rocks her body back and forth.

"I can't believe I just did that!" She chuckles.
"I'd do it all again for you, Cordelia Ivy Goode."

*
*
*

Fiona looked straight ahead as she thinks back to the day her daughter was born.

Joe hugs her around her waist and kisses her cheek.

"You'll get to do it all over again, baby doll."

"Yeah." Fiona looks up and smiles.

"I love you, Joe."

"I love you more, Fifi."