Green As Envy

×× Helloooo, everyone! Slight teaser, #CrudeLanguage. #Karkat. Btw, Terezi isn't blind. ;3; Enjoy.~ ××

A few weeks into (y/n)'s service, Kankri began doing little things to help. When she cooked, he would always be there asking the important things. "May I be of assistance?" "Need something?" "Can I get this for you?" He was certainly a very charming boy. Everyone but Karkat seemed to care.

Karkat enjoyed being around (y/n), too, but with Kankri stinking up her space, he felt he didn't fit. As if Kankri had a chance with someone so beautiful! Karkat physically slapped himself, the resounding smack made him cringe. Why was he so awkward?? He blamed hormones. Hormones and teen angst. From the bottom bunk, Kankri leaned over.

"Is everything alright?" Mockingly, Karkat looked over and sneered.

"Ith evwyting awriiiight?"

"Come now, what did I do to you?" Karkat stared at him, debating whether or not to tell him. But why waste his breath on this ass-kissing crack-sniffer? He went back to his book and continued reading the part where Bella sees Edward sparkling.

"Fairy fucker..." He mumbled, only to be patronized by Kankri.

"Language, Karkat."

--

The next day, Kankri waited by (y/n)'s locker to discuss a few things about Karkat. When she didn't show up before the bell, (something she NEVER did), he hurriedly walked to his class down the hall. Strange, normally she would be here early. She took many honors courses and tried her absolute best in all of them.

Maybe she needed a break?

Kankri uncharacteristically mulled over the absence of (y/n) and became the epitome of distracted throughout the day. By the time lunch came around, he couldn't focus anymore.

He pulled out his phone and texted her.

'I noticed you were not by your locker this morning, or in lunch... I hope everything is alright, (y/n). To stay in the message limit: please text back soon.'

He walked to his next class and frowned when his phone vibrated. He refused to answer it in class, but... he needed to see if it was from her. After twenty minutes in class, he asked permission for the restroom and made haste to an empty stall. He brought out his phone and found it was from (y/n)!

The message read: 'Oh, I'm fine! I just had a doctor's appointment is all. I'll see you at home! Your dad has a committee meeting again. We'll talk then. :)'

His heart rate returned to normal and he sighed. He supposed he could leave it at this and wait patiently for two more hours. The thought of it made him upset.

"Now's not the time. Stop being selfish, Kankri." He scolded himself quietly and made quick use of the restroom to not feel extremely guilty about leaving for a text message. He headed back to class to wait out the day.

--

At Skaia Middle Academy, one Karkat Vantas was struggling with a math test. Damn everything to hell. He knew he should've studied last night, but the end of twilight was so necessary. He would have to find Kanaya after this for the other books. He blinked and realized he had nothing on the page. To keep his rage from spilling over like a hot pot of soup, he bit the middle of his pencil.

Focus. Relax. Chill the fuck out, Vantas! You got this.

Suddenly, a light bulb shone brighter than the sun.

Or, I don't and that way (y/n) can spend time tutoring me! She'll finally be away from Kankri! I need to show I tried though.

For the last twenty minutes, he wrote the wrong equations and graphed opposites and answered incoherently. He smiled as he handed in the paper, leaning back like a champ. Terezi, to his left - a long time friend - leaned on her elbow in spite.

"Think you did pretty good, huh, shit-eater?"

"Nope," The bell rang proudly and he escorted himself out. "Not a fucking bit!"

×× Just a small chapter to sate the appetites of many! Tis the season for giving, so here's my gift to you! One of the several updates I will contribute for the end of 2014. I want to thank you all for all the support! If you have ideas for where this can go, NEVER hesitate to message me or comment! I have a rough idea, that miiiiight become a little angsty. But then again, who doesn't love angst? :D it feels great to be back..! -OA ××

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Dec 18, 2014 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Bullied.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें