Chapter 10: Jet

"I just have a really bad feeling about flying."

"So what are we doing now, listening to Sokka's instincts?" I asked.

"Yes and my instincts say we go this way."

We walked past a large tree and saw Momo hanging in a cage, "What do you know, my instincts were right!"

Katara glared at her older brother, "Ha ha, very funny Sokka."

Aang flew up and helped Momo down. The other two creatures trapped in cages looked at us with begging eyes, "Aw fine." Aang flew back up to help but Sokka beat him to it using his boomerang.

There we were, walking... gosh it was boring.

"This bag is heavy." Aang complained.

Katara used this chance to tease her brother, "You know who should carry it? Sokka's instincts!"

Sokka sighed, "The point is, we're staying low, keeping safe from the..... fire... nation..."

He had just moved a bush to the side to reveal and army of fire nation soldiers.

Me and Katara both started water bending, thanks to our water pouches we started carrying around. Aang airbended at them. And Sokka, well he used boomerang.

He was about to hit one of them when suddenly a teenager with dark hair dropped onto the soldier. He was followed by many other teenagers all coming from the trees.

"Down you go." The boy said.

Him and his team proceeded to take out the army before he came right up to me and Katara.

"Hey, my names Jet."

Katara look amazed, "Wow, you almost took out a whole army, singlehandedly!"

Sokka huffed, "There were only like, 10."

"Actually we were planning on ambushing them all day, we just needed a perfect distraction." He winked at Katara and she blushed.

Uekk, they're flirting.

"Jet, these barrels are filled with blasting jelly!"

"Bring them up to the hideout."

He turned back to us, "These guys are my freedom fighters."

He pointed to each one of them while stating a name.

"Do you guys wanna come to our hideout?"

Aang and Katara replied almost immediately, "Sure!"

Me and Sokka followed in the back as we all walked off.

"Hey Y/n." Sokka whispered.

"Yeah?" I whispered back.

"I don't trust this place. I know it sounds stupid but my instincts are telling me these people aren't who we think they are."

"Oh trust me Sokka I agree with you for once."

He cocked his head, "Wait really? I thought you'd go 'no Sokka, you're stupid Sokka, instincts suck, Sokka"

"There's something strange going on. From what I know they had no reason to wipe out the army."

"So should we do some... detective work?"

I laughed at his childishness, "Yeah."

"We're here." Jet spoke.

Sokka crossed his arms, "I don't see a secret hideout."

"That's because it's in the trees. Here hold this." He handed Sokka a strange and definitely untrustworthy rope.