5. Shyguys and Mariokart

Jade's good friend Sam Smith used to tell her, "A new day brings new opportunities". Jade was never one for cheesy affirmations or quotes, but today, just today, she believed what Sam had said.

       Today's new opportunity was a group date and a solo date.

       For the group date, Jade will choose three guys to go on the group date, and one guy to go on a solo date. Exciting, right?

-

       It's early in the morning. All the guys were supposed to meet in the sitting room for Jade. Since it's so early, the guys slowly trickle in, one by one. Nearly everyone's yawning, except for Ricky, he looks excited and awake.

       Psychopath, Asher thought.

       Asher was so tired because he barely slept at all last night. He kept wondering why Jade hadn't eliminated him, surely Kyle F. was better than him. Kyle F. didn't cheat on her.

        Although all Asher wanted to do was stay in bed, he dragged himself up, got dressed, and arrived in the sitting room last.

       He took a seat on an empty couch on the right side of the room,, for some reason all the other guys were sitting on the couches on the left side.

       Alaina walked in. She smiled at everyone. She, like Ricky, looked awake and excited.

       Absolute psychopaths, Asher thought again. How anyone is awake at this goshforsaken hour is beyond me.

       "Hello, gentlemen! Good morning to you all! Today we have some very exciting things planned. Jade has chosen the guys going on the group date this morning, and she has also chosen the lucky guy to go on the solo date this evening!"

        Alaina seemed to have conjured up a piece of paper from nowhere, Asher didn't see where she got it from, but he was so, so, tired, he didn't care.

        Alaina started speaking again. "The guys going on the group date are Lorenzo, Kyle A., and Brian. Please dress casually and be ready in an hour's time."

        The chosen guys looked excited. The not chosen guys looked disappointed, including Asher. Even though he was being super mean to Jade, part of her still...liked her? He didn't really know.

        "And...", all the not chosen guys perked up because they all seemingly forgot that there was a solo date, "...the guy chosen to attend the solo date is Brandon-Steven! Please dress formally and be ready by sunset. Have fun!"

        Asher resisted scowling. So, he got up early for nothing. He and Ricky were the only guys not going anywhere today.

       Asher glanced at Ricky and noticed that he didn't look disappointed. When Asher asked him why, Ricky told him that he had a "cool surprise" for Jade later. Whatever that means.

        Asher feels very bitter. Why did Jade keep him on this show if all she's going to do is ignore him?

        He stands up and addresses the guys. "You all don't know this since I'm the only one who has actually dated Jade, but she's actually really mean and such a loser under that pretty façade."

(Author's Note: This is a work of fiction, and Jade is not really mean and such a loser in real life. Again, this is a work of fiction.)

        All the guys were used to Asher saying stupidly mean stuff about Jade, so they all defended Jade as per usual, all except for one guy: Lorenzo.