Chapt. 44

(Another time skip)

"Sam's lost the element of surprise, but he doesn't want to take you on outnumbered, so he's not gonna come at you head on," Jacob states in the living room of the Cullen house. "He's got this place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity."

"They won't get through without a fight," Emmett says as he cracks his knuckles.

"No fights," Carlisle pushes that aside quickly. "We won't be the ones to break the treaty."

"The treaty is void, at least in Sam's mind," Jacob states.

"Not in ours," Esme coos as she grabs Neveah's hand, she is so tense, worse than ever because she hadn't fed.

"Carlisle," Emmett speaks up, "no one has hunted in weeks."

"We'll make due," Esme says and Neveah whimpers, causing Esme to tighten her grip.

"You've done us a great service, Jacob," Carlisle says gently. "Thank you."

Neveah storms out and stands on the balcony. She inhales deeply and she has Kira and Rocky join her. She run through the woods and through the house until they're by Nev's side. She meets yellow eyes and the wolf growls. She sits down and she holds her wolves close before Raven and Mack, the crows, show up. The named her crows. And her bats. The bats are Midnight and June.

Kira has her head laid on Neveah's chest and Rocky's has his head in her lap as the crows perch on her shoulders to help her breath. She is struggling not to attack Bella right now. Edward knows what she's thinking do he never lets her get too close, which is smart.

Neveah goes to where Carlisle and Edward are with Bella, Kira and Rocky with her. Edward glances at her.

"I'm fine," she snaps and he quickly looks at the screen of the X-ray.

"Your rib is cracked," Carlisle informs the weak human. "But there are no splinters. You haven't punctured anything."

"Yet," Edward sneers and Kira growls.

"Kira," Neveah warns and the wolf bows her head.

"Edward..." Carlisle looks at his son, sadly.

"It's breaking her bones now," Edward says sharply, Kira and Rocky stay near her; Rocky is a solid black wolf like Sam's wolf with yellowish brown eyes, Kira is the color of a Timberwolf like Embry with the same eye color as Rocky.

Edward looks at his new wife. "It's crushing you from the inside out... Carlisle, tell her what you told me. What you told us. Tell her."

"Carlisle, tell me," Bella says weakly. "It's all right."

"The fetus isn't compatible with your body," Carlisle explains. "It's too strong. It won't allow you to get he nutrition you need. It's starting you by the hour. I can't stop it, and I can't slow it down. At this rate, your heart will give out before you can deliver."

"Then I'll hold on as long as I can, and then..."

"Bella," Carlisle cuts her off. "There are some conditions that even venom won't overcome. You understand? I'm worry."

"Edward, I'm sorry," Bella coos, not even looking at Neveah.

"Kira, Rocky, lets go."

Neveah and her wolves head to the living room. Rosalie pets Rocky's fur while Kira jumps onto Emmett's lap. The bigger vampire actually laughs for once. Bella comes walking in with Edward's help. He sits her on the couch and Neveah moves to a chair.

"We need to find a way to get some food into her system," Esme says as Bella begins looking sick.

"If I could only see the fetus..."

"Baby," Rosalie says sternly toward Alice.

"Maybe I could figure what it wants," Alice continues.

"Think you might be fight," Edward says suddenly. "Jacob just had an idea."

"It wasn't an idea," Jacob states as he rubs Kira's head as she moves to him. "It was a snide comment."

"What were you thinking?" Neveah asks him with a kind voice even though she is suffering of hunger.

"That it's probably looking for something to sink it's teeth into," Jacob states.

"He's thirsty," Bella mutters.

"I know the feeling," Edward mumbles. "If it's craving, it's not gonna want animal blood."

"I have some O neg laid aside for Bella."

"Neveah," Emmett says as Jasper rushes out with Alice and Conner. "Let's walk."

Neveah nods and she goes outside with Emmett and her wolves. She kneels with her hands in her knees, inhaling the fresh air, trying not to think about the blood being given to Bella inside. Emmett touched her back as Kira and Rocky growl.

"The pack," Emmett whispers.

"I don't care," Neveah mutters. "It's not like I'm going hunting. Paul warns that challenge, i dare him." She glares into the wolf's eyes and at the growl, she knows it's Paul. "I'm suffering too much. If that thing doesn't come out soon, I'm going rather they kill me or not."

Emmett rubs her back soothingly as Jasper watches her with saddened eyes.

"Neveah," Edward says as he steps out. "They said you can hunt. But only you."

Neveah looks at Jasper. Instead of her eyes streaked with black, they are black. Jasper nods and she's gone after telling Kira and Rocky to stay behind. Neveah catches the first animal she finds and its a bear.

She controls it to come to her and she drains it as Embry watches her with sad eyes as Nev tears the bear apart to get to more of it's blood.

Paul's wolf walks over and he nudges her when he gets permission. Neveah leans against Paul as he lays down. Even as a vampire, Sam and the pack see her as a member of the pack. Paul moves his hand to where it shields her from the outside world, trying to get her to relax.

From the balcony,  Jasper sees this and smiles.

"Where's Neveah!?" Carlisle asks frantically.

"She's alright," Jasper says. "The pack still considers her one of them. She is with Paul. She's safe."

Carlisle releases an unneeded breath in relief. "I was worried."

"The pack still loves her," Jasper replies. "I see why, Neveah is amazing."

Carlisle pats Jasper's back in agreement as they look out into the trees.