Chapter Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN

Kade and I walk out onto the bustling city street. The sun is setting in the sky, which is creating a beautiful pinky orange setting which captures my attention completely. Kade grabs my hand and starts leading me down the sidewalk towards a dark waiting car. We slip in the back and I see Kade's personal driver already up front waiting for us.

When we're strapped in, the driver manoeuvres out of the parking spot and travels down the road. The street lights flicker past as the car continues to drive down the street. I stare out the window with awe as I take in view around us. I love the shops, the culture, and the people filling the streets. It's certainly nothing like the small town I come from, which makes me even more excited to be here.

After driving around for a solid ten minutes, we arrive in front of a busy, yet small restaurant which gives me the sense it's a very expensive, yet popular location to come to. I'd be fine with Nando's or even McDonald's for dinner but at the same point, I wouldn't turn down this place.

Kade gets out of the car and holds the door open for me. I slide across the seat and step out. As I fix my hair and jacket, Kade pokes his head inside the car to make pick up arrangements. Once he's finished talking, he closes the door and we walk into the restaurant.

There's a small reception desk as soon as you walk inside the building. The young girl behind the counter smiles happily as she gets ready to take our names for the booking. Kade gives her the relevant information and then shows us to our table.

Just as Kade had promised, we're taken to the back of the restaurant where we're given our own space to hang out and talk freely. Kade and I are seated at a small table facing each other. We're given our menus and then the lady leaves us to look through them.

"Do you like it here?" asks Kade.

I take a chance to look around the place before answering with, "Yes, it's nice."

The dim lighting makes for an intimate setting, yet the wooden finish and exposed brick brings in an interesting element. I like the exposed look with the restaurant rather than a polished white finish which looks too unobtainable.

"You're going to love the food," says Kade. "I went to school with the head chief. He makes weird creations that somehow work."

"Oh, okay." I open the menu and look through the different items listed out. There's a certain pull towards seafood, which makes me queasy. I've never been a big fan of fish, so I stick to a traditional pasta and meat dish instead.

After five minutes, a new waitress returns to take our orders. Kade lists off the order he wants – some fish dish with a side of something else. He adds in a fancy bottle of wine which has me rolling my eyes. When it's my turn, I list off the pasta dish and a cocktail with a Jack Daniel base. The girl is surprised, but I smile and laugh it off.