𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗥'𝗦 𝗟𝗢𝗚

NOVEMBER 1ST, 2120 A.D.
DAY SEVEN
[MARS BOUND]
ENTRY #1

-

(in the event that this log is found by prying eyes and individuals separate from the EXPT-1117 mission, then this log contains the personal and private archives of commander LUCKY. not affiliated with other KQSA or government personnel unless stated otherwise.)

-

it's already been a whole week since we embarked on this mission, and it's safe to say everyone's settled in well, and the ship hasn't broken down yet, thank god.

things were rocky the first day- relationships with other members that i'm not proud to say i almost ruined. but better sooner than later, i think, and so bonds with the crew have been preserved since, for now. i'm praying to the stars that the next fourteen years are smoother than that painful day.

my intention in this log isn't to raise suspicion or, to put it lightly, talk shit about my fellow crew members, but rather i will recount events that i think will be nice to read back on later in the expedition.

SIREN has been busy in the kitchens, recently. strangely enough, being the chef is one of the most important roles onboard. certainly without him, i would've halfed my muscle mass this week alone. it's embarrassing, but he reminds me to actually eat when i'm so used to forgetting to, and i'm thankful for it. technically, he's an apprentice right now, mostly on the team for the hands-on experience, but his knowledge is still extremely valued, and he's nice company when i'm writing up reports 'til late at night. he's a night-owl, like myself. he's writing a book, he says; a fiction novel. at the rate he scribbles words, we'll surely need to send for more paper from earth. plus, he makes a mean hot chocolate (lukewarm for safety's sake, in case it spills onto any technology), and he's promised not to tell the other members i drink anything other than black coffee.

yesterday, we celebrated halloween. i'd never been allowed to participate in the event before, but BYEOL and RAVEN insisted. i wasn't sure why we couldn't have just dressed up as astronauts, but SERAPH had found the spare cloths cupboard in the supply room, where some white sheets made some pretty convincing ghost costumes. hell, they even went out of their way to tape sweets to the sleeping pod doors so that later, they could 'trick-or-treat'. you'd hardly believe they were twenty and the smartest in their field of work.

(i joined them, anyway. it was fun.)

i'm not sure how SIREN convinced the KQ board to allow him this much creativity in the kitchens, but a batch of cookies from a box mix topped with halloween-themed icing was a pleasant surprise. it's comforting to know that if he ever gets bored of being an astronaut, he always has his artistic abilities to fall back on.

(the cheeky bastard gave me a frankenstein-shaped cookie and said it looked like me. i smacked him around the head.)

someone had even packed a horror movie for us to watch during our 8 o'clock bonding time (courtesy of BYEOL), though it was cut short when one member (whom i won't name to save their dignity) screamed so loudly it echoed throughout the entire spacecraft.

however, whilst there have been no mishaps this week, i've been worried about a couple of the members (correction: one member).

MARS seems distant. he looks ill. he says it's nothing, but he's always pale, no matter how much extra teokbokki SIREN serves him. sometimes he gets headaches, something he rarely caught during our training days. he's cold, too. i can see the fear in his eyes as he watches his fingernails turn into a worrying shade of blue. despite the freezing temperatures in space, the AURORA has always been warm and toasty. i'd lock him in his pod if i could, just so he could get more rest.

i hope it's nothing serious.

but if he chooses to drink coffee for breakfast one more time, i'll have no choice but to intervene (he fucking hates coffee).

apart from that, everything seems okay. everyone seems happy, for the most part. i have to make sure it stays that way.

i'll log off now. the team hates it when i'm late for the evening 'bonding' activities. and i'm sure there are some leftover cookies that they definitely aren't saving for me.

here's to a perfect voyage, and a successful mission.

(P.S they keep calling me 'dad'. i have no idea why.)

signing off,

LUCKY.

haha it's been a while since i updated, right? i think i gained quite a few more readers since my last chapter! thank you for putting up with my slow updates, and please be patient- i promise i'm trying to update more frequently!
please take this short chapter as a filler for now.

as always, take care, stay safe! look forward for the future chapters- i swear it gets more exciting!