ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

"LATTE?"

Charlotte and Kurt sat timidly in Dalton Academy's small coffee shop across from Blaine, Elliott, and two more Warblers. As he sat back down, Blaine slid two coffees across the table.

After Kurt and Charlotte's sneaky field trip to Dalton a few days prior, Elliott had let the truth slip out to Blaine, "out of courtesy for the Warblers", as he had put it. The Dalton Glee club had not only discovered that Kurt was not a new student at Dalton, but also the fact that he and Charlotte went to McKinley High and were in New Directions. By the time Elliott had called and told his sister that the Warblers had requested for their company once again, Charlotte and Kurt were both considerably on edge.

However, Charlotte was more so upset over the fact that Elliott still didn't have a solid answer for her regarding Blaine.

"This is Wes and David," Blaine said, gesturing to the two boys sitting on each side of him and Elliott. Although Blaine's face was welcoming and neither of the boys that he had introduced looked particularly threatening, Charlotte and Kurt were still considerably uncomfortable as they sat in front of their competition, Elliott staring them down all the while. Charlotte wrapped her hands around the warm cup of coffee and pulled it in towards her, glancing at Kurt to speak for the both of them.

"It's very civilized for you to invite us for coffee before you beat us up for spying," he noted. Charlotte peeked up from her coffee cup long enough to sneak a look at Blaine, who was giving her a small smile; her eyes immediately dropped back down, determined to hide her blushing face from him. Elliott, who had been watching his sister like a hawk, noticed this exchange and immediately clenched his jaw.

"We are not going to beat either of you up," Wes reassured the two kindly.

"You were such a terrible spy, we thought it was sort of... endearing," David got out, exchanging grins with Wes while Blaine sipped his coffee and Elliott's mouth twitched into a smile. He turned to Charlotte, whose eyes were on a flustered Kurt. "Although, we have to give Charlotte props. I don't think we ever would've figured out that you didn't go to Crawford Country Day if Elliott hadn't said something." A smile spread across Charlotte's face as she looked up into the boys' entertained faces and received an eye roll from Elliott. "But again, rather endearing of you."

"Which made me think that spying on us wasn't really the reason you both came." Blaine put his cup down and glanced between Charlotte and Kurt.

Unable to meet Blaine's eyes, Charlotte turned to Kurt and wordlessly gestured for him to respond, received by a small nod from her best friend as he turned back to face Blaine.

"Can I ask you guys a question?" Kurt's eyes moved hesitantly from Blaine's to Elliott's. Elliott, who had been watching Blaine speak, felt Kurt's eyes on him and immediately turned to see that he had the attention of all five. Although it was obvious that he was confused on what Kurt was going to ask, he nodded.