ring pt.1 (lipsoul)

"I want to marry you one day Jungie."

Jungeun looked at her girlfriend in shock. They had only been dating for a week and suddenly Jinsoul was bringing up marriage? Wasn't that too soon?

"What are you talking about Soul?" She asked. The newfound topic interesting her but also confusing her.

"I know it's fast but I seriously want to spend my entire life with you Jungeun." Jinsoul said. The girl in front of her had taken her heart and already made her fall deeply in love in a week. She knew she was going to love Jungeun for the rest of her life. She wanted to be with this girl for the rest of her life.

Just her and Jungeun. Together forever.

"Jinsoul... I mean are you sure? We're barely in our second year of high school." Jungeun said. As much as she loved Jinsoul she probably thought that Jinsoul was delusional because of high school hormones or something.

"I'm absolutely positive. I only want to be with you lippie!" Jungeun smiled. Jinsoul was so enthusiastic about this. Jungeun intertwined their fingers and let her tense shoulders fall down.

"I'll tell you what Soullie, if we do end up being together by the time were at least 25, I'll ask you to marry me." Jungeun said. Just thinking about what could happen in those 10 years made Jungeun shiver.

"Really?!" Jinsoul screamed. She made a couple of bystanders turn their heads but it didn't bother Jungeun. She knew her girlfriend was like a little kid.

Jungeun nodded her head.

"But that's in 10 years! We're only 15!" Jinsoul said. She wasn't sure if she could handle just being Jungeun's girlfriend for all those years.

"Well that's 10 years to ponder."

~~~

"Let's break up"

The thought that made Jungeun shiver when she made that promise to Jinsoul had become a reality. Their love story was falling apart. Now those 3 words were the ones that haunted Jungeun the most. Hearing Jinsoul physically say them to her was just torture.

Jungeun guesses that Jinsoul never meant what she said.

As much as Jungeun knew that, it still saddened her. She always wished that maybe just maybe, there was a part of Jinsoul that truly did want to marry Jungeun.

But it seems like their story wasn't a blockbuster love story where the end scene is the two protagonists getting married.

Jungeun always agreed with Jinsoul so she hid the box that she was about to show Jinsoul back in her coat pocket. The happiness that could've come with it was now forgotten.

It was Jinsoul's birthday. It was the day she turned 25. It was the day that Jungeun wanted to propose. It was the day Jinsoul decided to break up.

"What do you mean, Jinnie?" She asked. Her emotions couldn't handle the pain. She needed clarification. She thought that their love was as strong as ever.

"Don't call me that Jungeun. We need to break up." Jinsoul said.

"What do you mean need?!" Jungeun shouted at Jinsoul. The pain she had bottled up inside was now coming out.

"I don't need to break up with you! I'm so madly in love with you why would I need to break up with you?!" Jungeun's words began to spiral and she began to choke on her sobs.

"That's the problem Jungeun! I'm not...I'm n-not in l-love with y-you anym-more..."

Oh.

Jungeun grabbed her coat roughly and left the restaurant. Not even caring about the stares she received from all of the other customers.

Or about the box that held their future that fell out of her coat pocket.

Jinsoul sighed and looked at Jungeun's unfinished food. She couldn't handle the pain of just being Jungeun's girlfriend anymore. She knew that Jungeun never meant that promise. Jinsoul looked down to her feet and saw something shiny. She lowered her hand to pick it up and gasped.

It was a ring.

Next to it an open blue box with a note.

Jinsoul picked the note up and realized she made a mistake.

Jinsoul,

I told you I would marry you when we were at least 25.

So Jungeun did mean that promise...

Oh gosh.

Jinsoul realized that she in fact did make the greatest mistake in her entire life.

____

Welp ahaha