[01] Bad Day

Chapter 1: Bad Day

 Disclaimer: I don't own anything 5sos related.

            I let out a heavy sigh as I went out of the admin's office. The hallway was already empty, seeing that it's past the dismissal time. The only noise I could hear are the dribbling of balls and the yelling of the basketball players coming from the school's gymnasium. It was the nearest building from the admin's office and obviously, the players are not yet finished practicing for their next game. I walked away from the area; my feet are itching to go home already. It has been a long day for me.

            A bad one, actually.

            I was running late this morning because my alarm clock didn't wake me up at five o'clock. Instead, I woke up by myself at seven o'clock and take note that my class will start at eight. Being the unlucky girl I am, I noticed that my mom had already left for her job by the time I woke up. So in short, nobody's going to send me to school and I have no choice but to walk.

            I was late for my first period, which is Biology. Everyone's attention was on me as soon as they heard the creaking sound of the door being opened, revealing my presence. Our teacher, Mr. Andres, just gave me a disapproving look and went back to his discussion.

            At lunch, I accidentally spilled my orange juice all over my jeans.  How stupid, right? Angela's spare pants. Thank goodness she has a pair of jeans kept in her locker.

            "You should bring your own spare jeans next time, you stupid! I don't know how many beverages you will spill on yourself," she reminded me as we walked out of the bathroom and headed off to our next class.

            "Yes, mother," I replied, rolling my eyes. I would've already mocked at her only if she's not my best friend. Good thing I have a friend like her. In fact, she's the only one who could stand my presence in this school. Kidding. She's the only friend I have in this town.

            And you know what's the worst part of my day?

            The fact that I failed in my midterm exam in Math the other day, causing the school to remove my scholarship. That's the reason why I was in the admin's office today. I was called because of the scholarship matters that I no longer handle. I was thinking of using my charm to them so that they won't be able to remove me as one of their scholars but then I realized that I'm one of those people who are not confident and attractive enough when it comes to this kind of matter. So yeah, I walked out of the small room in defeat.

            Why am I studying in a private school, anyway?

            Oh yeah, right, my mom sent me here. She was the one who pursued me into attending this school because of its quality education. Trinity Academy is one of the best schools in the city and is one of the schools with the most expensive tuition fee in the country. But no matter how good it looked from the perspective of other people, for me it's just another hellhole where you meet the different kinds of people: the jocks, cheerleaders, players, sluts, spoiled brats, brainiacs, and the outcasts.

            If I were the one to choose, I was fine going to a normal public school. I would finish high school in peace without dealing with these rich snob kids who think the world revolves around them. Plus, I don't have to deal with this scholarship thingy and I won't be able to disappoint my mother.

            Speaking of Renee, how am I supposed to tell her that I'm going to pay my tuition fee for the whole year? She will be really disappointed of me. I think my dad will be, too, if he was still alive. I mean, they were really proud of me when they found out that I passed the entrance exam and be able to become one of the scholars. I still can remember how their eyes shimmered with joy when I told them the great news.