chapter ~24~

"Emily see who is here" Ashley shouted as she entered Emily's hospital room

Emily laughed "Some one is in her moods today huh?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

Ashley just laughed in response and she joined her .
She hugged and placed a peck on her cheeks "Good morning , how are you feeling ?"

"I am feeling okay, I think am going to be discharged today" She said the last words sadly because she knew that being lonely in a big house is scary.

Sympathy clouded Ashley's face " Every thing is going to be okay "

Emily's eyebrows raised in confusion "So what are you doing here on a working day not only that in the morning hours"

Ashley's lips curled upwards " I am here to see you, or my presence is boring?" She asked teasingly.

"No no no " Betty disagreed instantly. "What I mean is that Hayden is going to go Godzilla on you for going late at work. "

Ashley just shrugged.

"You want to tell me that Hayden won't care?" Emily asked curiously.

Ashley shook her head "Emily who has told you so, stop making up stories" She looked at her "I requested permission from him."

"Ohhhh"

"What Emily ? "

Emily smirked "Nothing"

Ashley looked hard in her eyes "That look says something, so spill it out "

Emily's shoulders sagged in defeat " just that Hayden is friendly towards you,and girl you damn lucky."

Ashley narrowed her eyes at her "Yeah I mean employers give their workers free time in case of emergencies"

"Do you know anything about Hayden ?" Emily asked all of a sudden.

Ashley remembered what happened in his office back then but she decided to stay quiet"No, not really. Why are you asking?

"Just out of curiosity" Emily replied. "Hayden has a daughter who is in the age gap of four to five years " She shrugged her shoulders "At least that's what I know."

Ashley smiled " I know that"
"I over heard his conversation on the phone and some how that name popped up. "She looked at Emily like she had remembered something " Plus I know his sister called Heather, I met her once in his office "

"Ohhh that heartless lady" Emily huffed in annoyance.

"What about her, what's wrong with her,she seemed to be fine to me"

"Don't be taken by her looks and smile by the way one thing you should know is that the Matthews are stinking rich, Mr Matthews their dad is an entrepreneur with many companies here in California."

Ashley was surprised with what Emily had just said, she just replied with a "Ohhhh"

Emily nudged her playfully "Find your tongue Ashley"

Ashley pushed Emily's hand  away "I am just ...just this information is all new to me"

Emily's eyes widened "Tell me you didn't know"

"Of course I didn't know"

"I have more things to worry about than searching about my boss, I have more pressing issues , my life is so messed up though I act strong, I am new in  California"  She thought silently. 

"Ohhh I forgot to give you this" she handed over a big paper bag to Emily "Take care of your self"

Emily smiled "Oh My God Ashley, you didn't need to do this, thank you, hospital food is untasty ,plus I missed  fries with chicken thank you"