Chapter 2: Crossing paths

Sesshomaru's POV
I walked down the path of the forest. I wanted to get out for a while to clear my mind. Soon enough I felt the ground shaking. But I didn't care to move. I looked around and sniffed the air. Someone is coming and fast.

I looked up and saw a figure of a woman. But my surrounding began to fade once a cloudy mist started froming around. I sniffed the air once more. This scent is familiar.

"You fucking bitch come back here!" A woman yelled, I looked towards the source and saw a demon towards me with a necklace in her hands. Not until another figure came and launched out of the bushes and striking some katanas to the demon, killing it.

"Bitch you thought you could steal this necklace?" The woman cursed. This woman looked familiar and her scent as well. The woman chuckled holding the necklace in her hands.

I looked back and saw Rin and Jacken no where to be found, Maybe they were left behind. I turned towards the woman who soon turned her attention towards me. Her eyes widen in realization. Jaw dropping. "OH MY GOODNESS SESSHYYYYY!!!!" The woman exclaimed pinning me to the ground with an oof.

She snuggled her face down my neck as her arms trapped me down. She giggled and smiled once more. "Who are you?" I glared at her. She pulled away but her grip on my body didn't waver. "You don't remember me, Sesshy?" She asked, I slowly shook my head and continued glaring at the creature. She sighed.

Her pointer finger traced on my demonic marks, feeling the familiar connection that a girl once gave me. Once she was done tracing unto the crescent moon that place on my forehead, her finger traced unto her own. My eyes widen a bit. "L-Luna?" I mumbled. Her eyes sparkled before trapping me to the ground once more. "I knew you would remember." She giggled before pulling away.

"Lord Sesshomaru finally we found- Oh I'm very sorry to interrupt!" I heard Jacken exclaimed. His hands made its way towards his eyes. I let out a sigh trying to pry off the arms of this woman. "Lord Sesshomaru!" Rin came smiling not until Jacken pulled her away. "Rin this isn't the time-" I heard Luna squeeled.

"Oh my goodness. So cute!" Luna got off me and ran towards Rin. Rin looked slightly frightened by the woman's sudden appearance. Luna continued to pinch Rin's cheeks. "Sesshomaru I didn't know you have a child. Who's this lady?" I didn't answer. Rin giggled. "I'm Rin. Nice to meet you!" Rin smiled, Luna smiled as well embracing her into a bear hug. " I am Auntie Luna~" Luna sang, Auntie?

Luna looked towards me who has a sinister smile. Walking back towards me she smiled. "I didn't know you got a thing with mortal women~" She snickered, my brows furrowed. "You are misunderstand." She waved her hands. "I get it. I get it. But Sesshy you should have told me that you have a child! I could have visited the mother and gave her some piece of advice." She giggled. "Rin isn't my child." I told her, she snapped her neck. "What?! Damn. I was happy that I thought you weren't a virgin anymore." She shrugged her shoulders. I glared at her.

"So you are the Lord of the West huh?" She elbowed me while continueing our path. I nodded my head silently. "So you have a mate now?" She asked. "That is none of your concern." I looked away, this woman is weird. "I get it. I get it." She looked behind her. "Rin! Does Sesshomaru have a mate!?" She yelled. Rin giggled. "No! He's single!" Rin yelled back. Luna laughed at her. "Okay!!"

"If you want a suitable mate, I know a lot of ladies here they even have great bodies." She elbowed me once again, I let out a growl. "I am not looking for a mate, Luna." My voice was serious, she pouted and looked back to Rin. "Rin come here!" I looked towards her. Luna soon crouched down and waited for Rin to ran towards her. As Rin did, Luna spun her around making the kid laugh.

"We'll be staying here." I mumbled before going to a tree. Sitting down I looked towards the other. Jacken hold his staff as he lit the woods on fire. Luna still cradling Rin in her arms as she walked towards Jacken who soon sat down beside the fire. "Milady, You are lady Luna Kibayashi are you not?" Jacken asked, Luna smiled. "Yup you are right, how did you know?" Jacken let out a small chuckle. "Ofcourse I would know. You will be the next Lady of the North once the king descends his throne." Luna nodded her head before stared at the fire infront of her.

"Milady, why did you decide to go the western lands?" My ear perks up, I was also indeed curious. "I want to get some air out of my kingdom since they are planning on my engagment. To be honest, I was a bit nervous since I'm not really confident. What if my mate would not like me, I am known for having a bad personality." Luna frowned staring at the fire. "Milady, You don't have a bad personality. Lord Sesshomaru would talk about you-" "Jacken." I cut in, I don't want her to know I've been talking about her even though many years has passed.

"Y-Yes Milord!" He squaked, "Hunt some food for Rin." I told him, he nodded and ran away. "Sesshomaru." I looked towards my side where Luna sat, She got here fast. I hummed, She smiled. "Do you always travel around the western lands with Jacken and Rin?" I hummed. She nodded her head and rested on the side of the tree that I was in.

An hour later, Jacken came with a fish. Once he cooked it thoroughly, Luna decided to wake up the sleeping child. "Hey Rin wake up." Rin stirred amongst her sleep before her eyes fluttered open. "You need to eat dinner." Luna whispered, Rin wore a small smile before plopping off of her lap. Luna chuckled before leaning on the bark letting out a small sigh.

"Why are you here, Onna?" I was thinking for the past hour on why she was out in the western lands other than the northern. Luna chuckled before turning towards me. "I missed you." Her statement was plain and simple yet why did it made my heart skip a beat. Her blue eyes sparkled a bit as I stared at her.

I looked away. Why is this stupid girl making this Sesshomaru's heart fasten its pace?