Chapter 2

I thought he died. He's actually here. That's impossible though. What have they done...

Without rotating my head or body my arm killed the attacking horsemen and I walked back. The result of guren destroying humanity: The ground was littered with debris, buildings in ruins, cars all crushed. Nothing was out here.

A guard opened the gate to allow me to enter back into the base. Kureto Hiiragi stopped me just before i entered the training site.
"We're you pleased with what you saw?" he asked slyly.
Damn that idiot, he knew about Shinya. Damn him. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Whatever do you mean?"
He smirked and walked off. Balling my fists i entered the training room. Instantly monsters attacked, but they were destroyed with ease. I shouted up to the controller, "CAN YOU TURN THE LEVEL TO THE MAXIMUM, PLEASE?"
He audibly gasped and replied, "M-miss, are you quite sure about that?"
I stared at him. "Did i stutter?"
A happy voice answered, "She'll be fine. In fact, lemme control it."
Shinya. For the love of god, why was he here?
His cockiness shone through his last message, "I hope you're ready, y/n."
I raised an eyebrow at him. Not breaking eye contact I slayed all the robots and jumped on them to get to Shinya.
"Are you underestimating me?"
"No of course not, I would never."
He smiled, much to my annoyance.
"If you won't do it, I will."
I pressed the small red button that said 'max.' on the control panel and jumped back down to the battlefield. I heard Shinya sigh as I did. I clenched my teeth. I took out everything with ease until 9 hours later, when they were still coming. The endless trickle of monsters has managed to scratch through my uniform and I started to bleed across my shoulder. The pain radiated through my entire being. My legs moved like potato sacks, dragging across the floor to evade getting hit. That was when a monster approached from behind and was about to strike when Shinya stopped the test. He gracefully jumped down beside me.
"Well done y/n, you lasted much longer than I would have." He smiled his stupid smile again.
"Thanks."
He glanced at my shoulder. "You're hurt."
"I'm fine."
"Lemme help you."
I was so exhausted I could barely stand. Shinya picked me up in his arms and carried me.
"My room is that way."
He looked down at my face.
"Shhh, my bed is comfier, you need to get a good rest."
This was true, I was injured and the wooden frame of a bed was definitely not very comfortable. I drifted unconscious...