RAVEN

intro

DECEMBER 18,1991.

She was carelessly dragged from her cell along with the five other members of the Winter Soldier Program. Her dark brown hair hung over her face. She knew what was coming, they all did. This would be her second round of the super-soldier serum. She had received her first when she was 12. She remembered that day vividly. The pain was unbearable. They had placed her on an old bed. Her arms and legs were held down by brown, leather straps. Just like the first time, they placed an IV in her arm. The blue substance traveled down the small tube slowly, teasing the woman of the pain she felt eight years ago.

The Winter Soldier watched behind the glass. The woman known as "The Raven" was set to be his partner. Karpov's orders. Her eyes were squeezed shut as she let out a scream. Her muscles were tense, the veins in her arms sticking out like a sore thumb. Though as the amount of serum dissipated, so did her screams. The only sound the soldier could now hear was her ragged breathing.

"Beautiful, isn't she?" The soldier heard from behind him. He didn't respond. He only glanced at the man who was new to the organization, but very much his superior. Alexander Pierce. "She's the best female asset this organization has ever seen. You two together.... you will change the world. Bring the world the peace and safety it deserves. You will be a hero among mankind."

Pierce watched as his greatest soldier left the room. His gaze then fell on the woman. Although she couldn't see him, her blue eyes were staring right back at him. They were cold, almost lifeless. He watched as she struggled to stand, most of her weight being carried by the Winter Soldier. As they disappeared from view, he smiled to himself. He had created this.

Their mission had begun.

ALEX MORGAN
as
ATHENA "THEA" RAE SOKOLOV
"The Raven"

SEBASTIAN STAN as JAMES BUCHANAN "BUCKY" BARNES "The Winter Soldier"

SEBASTIAN STAN
as
JAMES BUCHANAN "BUCKY" BARNES
"The Winter Soldier"

SEBASTIAN STAN as JAMES BUCHANAN "BUCKY" BARNES "The Winter Soldier"

THE MCU
as
THEIR RESPECTIVE CHARACTERS

"She slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew a lion was among them

"She slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew a lion was among them."
- r.m. drake

•••••••••

DISCLAIMER:

I do not own the MCU or its characters. I do not own the MARVEL plot used in these books. However, I do own Athena Sokolov and her story.

Some of the references in the book may be incorrect due to the story plot. i am aware that Pierce was probably not apart of HYDRA at this point in time, but we're going to roll w/ it.

I hope you guys really enjoy this book! I am so excited to be sharing it w/ you!