01

Full of loneliness
This garden bloomed
Full of thorns
I bind myself in this sand castle

His heterochromatic eyes landed upon a white enveloped placed on his desk. After from a day spending in work, he never felt so exhausted before. Working his ass off as a hero is taking a toll on him but it's not like he's complaning anyways. He loved being a hero, and it doesn't bother him that much being one.

Upon seeing your name as the sender his heart immediately jumped for joy as the thought of you sending him a letter.

Shoto Todoroki, Japan's well known and top hero. In the first glance, everyone thought he had everything someone could wish for.

Money, fame, glory. Yes, it seemed like he had it all. He had thousands of girls chasing after him, thousand girls that wanted to be with him, and loves him.

But no. He doesn't need them.

Both of his eyes and heart were shut and he had only been in love with the person he met back in their first year in highschool.

Ever since that day you talked to him and asked his name, in that very moment, he fell fast and hard for you.

He knew that his heart belonged to you as soon as he laid his eyes on you. Who would've thought that a person like him, a timid and cold guy would like someone who is the exact polar opposite of him?

You were the first person who told him that his scars were beautiful. You were the person who made him feel like he is different from his father. You were his light in the midst of him being lost in the dark. You were his miracle.

His one true love.

Shoto's hand immediately flew to grab the envelope and carefully opened the letter. After a few seconds of reading what's written, he immediately felt the sorrow and grief. It hit him so suddenly that his mind went blank.

ah. yes. I forgot about this.

His hands started to shake and it made him unintentionally crumpled the paper. Tears began to fall from his torquoise and ash colored eyes, beads of tears falling on the piece of paper he was holding, his legs felt like it lost its strength.

He dropped himself on the floor as he weeped. It was being him being heartbroken all over again. Trembling, his lips quirked up into a smile while letting his tears fall down from his eyes.

He rested his head on his knees, while the letter was still in his hands. He couldn't let go of it. He held onto it as if his life depended on it.

His heart broke into a thousand pieces as he realized that you were never his in the first place. He lost something he never actually had and he doesn't have the choice but to accept it.

He lost someone he loves deeply.

Wiping his tears away, Shoto felt his eyelids were getting heavier. He felt like he cried a years worth of tears in a single glance at a letter you sent him.

He can't get over you. It was as if you had him dancing on your palms all along but he never hated it. Love blinded him so much that it made him a martyr.

If love is war, then he is the soldier. A soldier who lost both the battle and the war he was trying to win.

The moon from outside his window illuminated his dark room. It was a peaceful night but not for him. He glanced at the paper once again as he read it out loud.

"(y/n) is getting married..."