P R O L O U G E

Zed's POV

year ago

"Max, this is agent Zed Johnson my boyfriend. Zed, this is Maxim Diego my best friend before being my right hand and I trust him with my life." Xana introduce us, we shake hands. She take my hand in hers interlacing our fingers together and drag me behind her.

"See you later max. " shouts xana over her shoulder.

We wait for the elevator in silence, when I glance at xana she is looking at me with such adorable smile lighting up her whole face I smile at her. God how much I love this woman. We enter the elevator without letting go of each other hands. We enter xana's penthouse going to her room.

" Zed, you need to stay the night here 'cause you look so tired and you need some sleep, babe. " xana says as she undress and begin to wear her whole black outfit.

"Where're you going? It's midnight "I asked her. She doesn't answer. So, I tried again.

"I've some business I need to take care of" she says, while putting her black leather jacket on.

"Xana, babe. This is way too dangerous for you. Take Maxim with you. "I said to her, she glares at me, I refused to back down and glared back at her.

"Zed, I'm perfectly fine on my own and the last time I checked I am an adult you know I have my own id & I am 22 so yeah" she says crossing her arms and standing her ground.

Stubborn

"At least tell me when're you coming back?" I sight before asking her. She won't understand me; it's just that I'm......... having a bad feeling.

"Before sunrise. Don't worry about me "she says softly and I nodded. She comes closer, looks at my eyes then brings her hand to my cheek and I lean in to her touch. Her eyes moves all over my face taking me in and I do the same taking her in, her eyes, her nose, and her cheekbones, simply all of her. Her eye rests on my lips.

"I love you" she whispers

"I love you" I whisper back

She kisses me passionately, putting so many emotions in our kiss. It's as if she's leaving me. A goodbye kiss......... stop being ridiculous zed, she's coming back to you. She breaks our kiss, rest her forehead against mine and leave without a single backward glance.

I tried to sleep, but I can't. I feel as from the anxiety, the walls is closing up on me. My heart is beating furiously in my chest, against my ribs. I can't breathe; it's as if my soul is leaving my body in the most torturing painful way. I go to the balcony, as I enter I am hit with such a cold wind, but I am not feeling any coldness in it, my whole body is on fire. I take a deep breath and let it out quickly. Suddenly my phone rings, an unknown number.

I answered and before I am able to get a word out of my mouth, I am met with maxim deep voice. Telling me three words, ten letters, this are capable to snatch my soul and heart out of my body. Killing me because simply she is my everything, my soul, my lover, my oxygen & without it I die.

"Xana is dead" maxim says and hangs up. I run downstairs remembering our kiss a few hours ago. Praying for god in my head that she is alive, that it is a prank, a joke.

Please, god let her be alive.

God please let her be alive

Please god I can't live without her.

Please god she is my life.

God please I am begging you to let her be alive.

I repeat this praying in my head over and over again.

Hey guy how are you and i hope you like my story, can you please vote and comment beacuse it makes me feel happy and i know if you like it.