Chapter: two

Adora's POV

Me and Catra became close friends and hung out everyday for years, but everything changed on my sixteenths birthday.

"Hey adora" Catra smiles sitting in a tree,

"Oh, hey Catra" I wave up at her walking towards the tree.

"A little birdie told me it was you birthday, so here" she tosses me a box after climbing out of the tree.

I open the box seeing a sliver chain with a little green cat. "Oh my gosh Catra, I love it." I take a closer look at the cat, "is this alexandrite, I thought they could only be found in the horde kingdom?"

"Yeah?" Catra says looking confused, "aren't you from there, like me?"

"No" I shake my head, "I'm from bright moon"

We both stare at each other with wipe eyes, "You're from bright moon?" She asks

"You're from the horde" I suddenly realized what this means we're enemies.

"I have to go" I shake my head turning around so I can run.

"Adora wait" Catra grabs my hand, "don't go, your the only friend I have"

"Catra where enemies" I pull my hand out of her grasp, "we shouldn't be hanging out"

"Why don't you come to the horde?" She asks "then we could be together"

"No, no I can't leave bright moon" I say turning to run into the forest back to bright moon.

"Hey adora, were are you going" glimmer asks as I run out of the woods.

"Oh no where, I was just on a jog. You know staying fit and stuff" I nervously chuckle.

"okay?" Glimmer raises on eyebrow, "my moms sending us on a missions together."

"By us you mean.."

"The best friend squad" bow interrupts pulling me and glimmer into a hug.

"The horde took over a town near the whispering woods, and our job is to rescue them"  glimmer says exited

"The whispering woods?" I whisper, that's we're me and Catra met up.

"Adora" bow taps my shoulder causing me to jump, "are you okay?"

"Yeah,I'm fine" I nod

"Ooookay, you've been spacing out a lot today"

"I'm sorry, just with my birthday and all"

"Wait" glimmer runs over "it's your  birthday!"

"Um, yeah. Did I not tell you guys?"

"No" bow says sounding a little pissed. "We've known each other for years and have never celebrated your birthday"

"Really?"

"Um yeah" bow says still sounding pissed

"Well she usually training with lighthope till 6" glimmer adds.

That's not true, my and lighthope only train for three hours every morning. I used it as an excuse to hang out with Catra. Especially on my birthday, we would spend all day together. sometimes I would even skip training to hang out with her.

I fiddle with the pendent on the necklace Catra gave me, why did she have to be from the horde.

Catra's POV

"Shit, shit, shit" I angrily mutter walking out of the forest. I should of never got her that stupid necklace. Every year I made her a card, but the one year I actually buy some effort into to her gift she ditches me.

"Hey buddy" someone hugs me from behind.

"What the hell Scorpia!" I scream trying to escape from her death squeeze.

"Sorry, I'm a hugger" she chuckles putting me down. "So how was your 'personal day'" she says in quotations

"What are you talking about?" I hiss

"Well it's just every year on the same day you leave super earlier and don't come back till after lights out. So what is it a secret mission or something?"

"It's nothing" I hiss "and it won't be happening any more anyways" I only left to go met up and spend time with adora on her birthday day, but it's not like that will be happening anymore.

"Oh that right" scorpia stops me before I leave the room, "king Hordac what's your to go talk with shadowweaver"

"Shadowweaver?" I sigh, "she hates me"

"I don't hate you, I'm mostly disappointed" shadowweaver startles me. After showing up from basically no where like she
Always dose. "Catra, you need to stop sneaking out. Your not in love are you?"

"Obviously not" I scoff

"Good, cause there's no need for it. Everyone has a place in the hord kingdom and king hordac will chose you're husband like everyone else. Meaning that love here is a pointless distraction. Scorpia, you can explain the assignment. I'm going to go back to my cambers"

"Yes shadowweaver" Scorpia salutes. "We're being sent to guard a town the hord kingdom recently captured near the whispering woods." She explains 

"The whispering woods?"