𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

Based on the games: Resident Evil 2 Remake (2019) and Resident Evil 3 Remake (2020) owned by Capcom.

September 20th 1998

I press myself against the wall of the dim hallway, blood-soaked back sticking to the flaking plaster and keeping me from moving. The sweat on my face burns. No ammo. No time. Nothing.

I try to yell but nothing comes out. My throat hurts. Oh god it hurts so bad. My body begins to overflow with heat, burning, itching, scratching as the horde blocks off both sides of the hallway and shambles closer to me. Angry tears slide down my face as I hold my beretta out, blindly firing into the mass of stumbling bodies — no bullets come out. I scream but it quickly turns into a whimper and then a sob as I slide down against the wall, the cloth on my back being pulled up and leaving a hot, sticky trail of blood on the wallpaper.

My throat aches in agony as I try to yell and screech, just anything, anything that'll save me. But there's no-one; nobody that will come. Nobody at all. Only the moving corpses. They shamble closer and closer. Close enough that I can smell the tang of blood and the warm, sickly-sweet scent of rotting flesh. I get a good look at the three creatures at the front, their faces familiar and painful. Joseph, Richard and Forest. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I failed you...

Then their hands are on me, fingernails digging into my flesh and grabbing at the entrails within, their teeth ripping, tearing at my skin in a burst of blood.

I scream, a roar bursting out of my chest that wakes me with a jolt. A throaty gasp pushes past my lips and I slowly lift my head from the hard surface of the desk, groaning at the harsh pulsations in my head. Fucking headache....

I wipe a hand across the slick layer of sweat on my forehead and turn to look at the couch; everything is normal. It was just a dream. Just a dream.

Dammit. I promised myself I'd get a decent sleep; at least crash out on the sofa or something. Now I've gotta deal with a migraine and an aching neck. Rolling my head from side to side, I stare down at the cluttered papers in front of me; most of them on suspected Umbrella workers and one being a letter of dismissal from the R.P.D..

Jill and I were suspended 3 weeks ago.
Chris left for Europe and Barry's on his way to join him from Canada. Brad's still in the station, keeping his head down. I'm pretty much under house arrest and so is Jill. Luckily I managed to post the letter to Chris in time; I hope he gets it. Fuck, he better be ok.

Jill, Brad and I still need to locate and infiltrate the underground facility somewhere here in the city. Then, we can steal the efficient evidence we need and hopefully shut down Umbrella. We just need to find it first...

The letter to Chris included copies of the research and data we've managed to uncover so he can continue should anything happen to one of us. It's a worst-case scenario but it's one we can't rule out. The same cars have been parked outside the apartment for nearly a month now; no doubt it's Umbrella. I sent the files along with a note explaining what was happening and hoping Chris is safe. Soon I'll be able to join him and we'll be together again. Not a day's gone by when I haven't thought about that night.

I brush a finger lazily across my lips, thinking. We haven't told anyone about it; only we know that we — that we kissed. I mean, I always knew something was there between us but....I can't get sidetracked.

For now, I've got Jill and Brad to worry about. I've been able to call them a couple times but only discreetly and making sure to keep my wording very subtle.

I sigh and clench my fists. Damn I miss them. I've not had human contact since the day Chris left; both Jill and I managed to give him a send off and check over the data with him. I believe he's heading for Paris first; he couldn't reveal too much in case his apartment was tapped (high chance it was). He passed it off as a vacation in the letter he sent to S.T.A.R.S. before our suspension — coded it as a trip to Europe in order to see the "babes" and told us not to tell Claire about it. She's currently at college but no doubt she'll be asking for Chris soon.