Seventeen - Judith

3 days till Halloween...

3 days till Richie might leave.

Richie lay on the bed with his back against the wall. Eddie lay next to him, practically in his lap, his head resting back into the crook of the lanky boy's neck.
Their breathing was in sync. Their hearts beating to the beat of the same drum.
One of Richie's long slender hands was stroking Eddie's soft hazelnut hair.

They were just enjoying each other's company. Each other's presence sweeter than any words... but of course Richie was willing to test that.

"Ed's...," Richie whispered, his hands still soothingly stroking Eddie's hair.

"What is it Chee?" Eddie asked, his eyes slightly closed as he enjoyed the relaxing feeling of Richie's hands running over him.

Richie smirked slightly. Expecting Eddie's reply to be 'not to call him Ed's'.
"Ed's.... you know the black bits inside bananas?"

Eddie grimaced slightly, his eyes still half closed, "Uh- yeah...?"

Richie opened his eyes wide and innocently, "Are they tarantulas eggs?"

Eddie opened his eyes fully, an annoyed expression on his face, he turned to the boy that held him,
"Are you fucking kidding me?"

Richie pulled the face a child made when they got told off, his eyes sparkling. He tried hard not to smirk.

"Your so annoying, geez," Eddie groaned, turning around slightly and whacking Richie's arm.

Richie finally let himself laugh, his hand still in Eddie's hair, "Have you ever thought about braiding your hair, Ed's?"

"Um no," Eddie replied trying to wiggle out of Richie's grip, "What about you? You'd look really pretty,"

Richie couldn't help but blush. It was utterly ridiculous how quickly their conversations went from one thing onto the next.

"No please Rich, can I actually?" Eddie pleaded, climbing off Richie's lap and sitting in front of him.

Richie sighed, "fine."

Without him realising what was happening Richie was being pushed onto the floor by the smaller boy. His back now against the bed-frame and Eddie sitting above him.

Eddie just wanted to savour every moment with Richie, even if that included cringe braiding his hair or silent cuddles.

Eddie had never really braided hair before. He'd seen his mother do it a couple of times on herself and he'd also seen girls at school do it to each other as well. It had always subtly intrigued him, at the back of his mind he'd always wanted to know what it felt like to be confident. And to those girls it seemed experimenting with their looks gave them this self love Eddie had always envied.

Gently, Eddie ran his fingers through Richie's hair to try and get the knots out.
The lanky boy's hair was rather long, with its dark waves falling past Richie's jaw.
Sweetly, Eddie began to section three little pieces of hair and began weaving them together. Smiling at his handy work.

Whilst Eddie worked away, ignoring Richie's complaining, the bedroom door opened.

Stan walked in with who the boys could only assume was his mother.

"I think your being rather silly about this Stanley," She smiled with concern, a large cardboard box in her arms.

Stanley shook his head, "It's hard to explain mum... I- Id just rather I sleep in the attic than in here," he too sat down a large box in the corner.