one, THIS WILL ALL PASS

chapter oneTHIS WILL ALL PASS!

chapter one
THIS WILL ALL PASS!

☠︎︎ ☠︎︎ ☠︎︎

Before it all it went to hell, Grace was an actor, getting small gigs as an extra across various TV shows. She was dating some doctor named Eugene Roe, who was barely some years into his residency. (Emma always told her that she should have aimed for the chief of surgeons because of money.)

Emma had lived with them for sometime before she moved out to live with her sugar daddy, Alton More, in his far better penthouse. She was studying to become a paleontologist, her love for Joe Mazzello as Tim Murphy making it impossible for her to choose another career.

Scarlett was another story. If you asked what she was doing with her life, she'd most probably respond with an "I'm struggling to make a living and three cents away from living on the streets". (Not that Karla would allow that, of course. Scarlett would merely say, "It eez what it eez" and continued her horrible voyage from day to day on two hours of sleep.)

Karla? Oh man, let's not get started on her. She's a mess. Like, she may have an alright job as a graphic designer but she was a Leo and depressed. Not a good combo. And she's scared of commitment, so there was no Eugene Roe or Alton More in her life.

Put them together in a too-small apartment with poor ventilation, it was inevitable that chaos would ensue. But certainly not zombie chaos.

The first case developed three months ago. The symptoms were similar to the common cold or flu but its aftermath was not lost on the public. It was obvious that the disease led to the dead walking around and with cannibalistic instincts (Emma and Grace's extensive knowledge of the movie Zombieland finally paid off, along with Karla's one too many hours watching The Walking Dead).

With so many people being in and out of the city, it was not a surprise that New York was quickly classified as a hotspot and all the residents were ordered to evacuate.

"Puta madre!" Karla cursed and slung a bag over her shoulder as they waited in their shared apartment for the arrival of Emma and her sugar daddy. "Zombies! Fucking zombies! I can hardly believe it! Maybe this is God's plan to fix the world's overpopulation crisis?"

Grace ignored her, too engrossed into the rapid texting on her phone to her boyfriend Eugene.

Karla stepped closer and read the exchange of texts from over her shoulder. She opened her mouth to say something but Scarlett walked in with a loud announcement: "Emma's here!"

Karla slapped Grace's shoulder, "We'll make Emma's sugar daddy go to pick up your lover boy."

"They both have names, you know?" Grace said, shoving her phone in her back pocket, as they headed into the hallway to go meet with Emma and Alton.