Delayed Date

Kouyou had been on her date for at least an hour, and Amie thought babysitting Chuuya was going to be a breeze but it wasn't. She had no idea what to do. Chuuya was crying loudly, and he had been so unsettled. She tried everything bouncy, pacing, rocking, humming, he was just inconsolable.

"Shh..." Amie sighed. "My goodness, Chuuya what is wrong?"

*

Kouyou and Kansuke were having a lovely time. Kansuke was such a sweet man, he even helped Kouyou cook dinner even though she insisted she would cook it all. It was a simple meal, pasta. Which happened to be one of Kansuke's favorites. They were both sitting down at the table in the place they rented, drinking wine, and eating their pasta.

"So what do you do for work?"

"I was a military doctor, but now I am just a pediatrician."

"Do you like being a pediatrician better?"

"I do, it's rewarding. I get to spend time with children, and that makes me happy especially after losing my son."

"I'm so sorry... I can't imagine how hard that was."

"It was hard. But I am healing from it. What about you?"

"Um. I haven't found work yet. Hoping to soon. As you see I have a young son."

"He's a little cutie pie." Kansuke chuckled. "What's his name?"

"Chuuya."

"Chuuya, that's a very nice name. And a pretty woman like you must have a husband."

"Did. He passed away before Chuuya was born."

"I'm sorry to hear that..."

"He was a good man. And I know if he was here right now, he would love Chuuya so much. He always took care of us, he still does even though he isn't here."

"He sounds like a good man at least-"

The ringing of the phone interrupted them. "Oh I'm sorry, I have to take this. It's my sister and she's babysitting my son."

Kansuke shakes his head. "Go ahead. I'll wait."

Kouyou stepped away for a moment and she answered the phone. "Hello? ...What?! ...What do you mean he's throwing up?! ....Okay... I'm coming right now!" She said hanging up. Kouyou rushed back to the table and she picked up her jacket and purse.

"I am sorry! I have to go home. My son got sick. My sister said he was throwing up."

"Oh my god. I'll take you! It's quicker than waiting on a taxi. C'mon!"

*

Kansuke had Kouyou home within 15 minutes. Kouyou jumped out of the car and she ran up to her house quickly unlocking the door and running inside. She could hear Chuuya crying loudly, and he hardly ever cried so she knew something was very wrong.

"Amie?!"

"We're in here!" She yelled.

"Oh goodness. He's super red..." Kouyou says worriedly and she takes Chuuya into her arms and tries to calm him. Kouyou was in such a haste she didn't even notice Kansuke there. Kansuke gently checked over Chuuya, he had his medical bag in his car.

"He definitely has a fever. It seems Chuuya has caught the seasonal flu. It's common. With medicine and rest, he'll be just fine." Kansuke smiled.

Kansuke was able to find and give him the appropriate medicine and within 45 minutes Chuuya was calmed down, and he was fast asleep in Kouyou's arms.

"Tomorrow bring him into my office

"Tomorrow bring him into my office. I'll run a test or two and make sure he doesn't have pneumonia or anything. That's what I am most concerned about as it often comes along with the flu. But for now just let him sleep." Kansuke says handing her his car.

"T-Thank you..."

"No need to thank me. I am glad I was able to help. And I hope once he feels a lot better maybe we can all go out on a date. If you'd like..."

Kouyou nods. "Yes, I would like that." She smiles.

To Be Continued...