fifteen: lies.

-

F A N G S

Fangs could feel his heart sink watching his ex girlfriend walk away with a guy that wasn't him.

"Bro, are you okay?" Sweet Pea came up next to the boy.

"Fine," His voice was cold, angry almost. "I'm with Megan. Why would I care?"

"Fangs-"

Fangs cut the tall serpent off, "Sweet Pea, I said I'm fine. Just drop it." He walked away, headed to the cabana to get another drink. He grabbed a beer and sat down by the edge of the pool, dipping his feet in. 

-

A L I C E

"Thank you, Reggie," Alice thanked the boy as the two stood on her front porch.

"For what?" He chuckled slightly.

She smiled up at him, "For not fighting Fangs. You just walked away and he would've fought you if you didn't."

"I guess I'm just the better man," Alice laughed at his joke. Meeting Reggie's gaze, she realized he was leaning down. Alice began to panic. The feeling quickly passed when his lips pressed against hers. She kissed him back, causing Reggie to smile into her lips. They pulled away, saying goodbye. Alice stepped into her house, a smile present on her blushing face.

-

Alice heard a knock at the front door. She was home alone so she made her way over, answering it. Toni stood in front of her, candy and soda in hand. "What are you doing here, Toni?" Alice smiled at the girl.

"I figured you could use your best friend and a movie night after what happened at the party."

Alice giggled, "Thank you." She gestured for her friend to enter the house. They sat down on the couch and started scrolling through Netflix. "Can I tell you something? But you can't tell anyone, especially Sweet Pea."

"Sure, what's up?"

Alice sighed before continuing, "This whole thing with Reggie started as a way to get back at his ex and Fangs, but I don't know-" Toni cut her off.

"Wait, do you actually have feelings for him?" Toni was trying to hide her excitement.

"He kissed me." Toni gasped, letting out a squeal. "Please, do not tell Sweet Pea. He's gonna tell Fangs."

"Didn't Fangs see you guys kiss at the pool?" Toni was a little confused.

"Yes, but he knows that was fake. He knew we were just putting on an act. This kiss- it was different. It was real. It was good. Really good." The girl smiled at the thought of kissing Reggie.

Toni watched the girl's expression. "I promise I won't tell Sweet Pea."

Alice thanked her and they continued their search for the perfect movie to watch.

-

R E G G I E

Reggie spotted Alice at her locker. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he kissed her neck. Alice turned around to face him, wrapping her arms around him. "Reggie, you can't do that." She looked over his shoulder at everyone staring at them. She quickly dropped her arms to her side, clearly seeing someone she didn't want to see them. Reggie turned his head. He saw Fangs staring at them. He dropped his hands from her waist rolling his eyes.

"What are we doing?"

"Reg," He cut her off.

"I really thought that kiss meant something, but I guess not because the minute lover boy over there is in view, you go running straight into his arms."

"It's not like that, Reggie," She tried to defend herself.

He raised his voice at her, "Then what's it like?"

She flinched at his loud voice, "Please stop yelling."

Raising his voice even more, he replied. "Answer my damn question." He slammed his fist on the locker as he yelled.

"Hey," Alice heard a familiar voice yell from down the hall. "Leave her the fuck alone or I'll beat your ass myself," Sweet Pea walked up to the two.

"You have no business with her, considering she dumped your best friend."

"Her and Fangs may not be together anymore, but she's still my friend and I protect my own."

"Your own? Oh, you mean serpent scum?"

"Knock it off, Reggie," Alice jumped in. "You're being a major douche right now." He kept his eyes locked on Sweet Pea's before pushing passed him and heading to class.

-

A L I C E

"Thank you."

"Yeah, whatever."

"What's your problem?" Alice stopped the boy from walking away.

"Why are you with him? You don't really love him." Sweet Pea said, irritating Alice.

"Why do you seem to think you know everything about my life? You're my friend Sweet Pea, not my boyfriend. That was Fangs and you know what? He fucked that up so don't sit here and act like I'm the bad guy. I did nothing wrong." Sweet Pea instantly regretted what he said. Alice could see the guilt in his face.

He sighed, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine," She pushed passed the tall boy and made her way to the lounge where she found Toni and Cheryl sitting on the couch. She plopped down next to them in a huff.

"Everything okay?" Cheryl asked her.

"Reggie and I got into it about Fangs and then Sweet Pea and I got into it about Reggie again." Alice answered.

"So, are you and Reggie like a thing now?" Cheryl let her curiosity take over.

"Eh, I don't know. We kissed but I don't know what it really meant." She paused for a moment. "And Fangs, I thought I was over him, but at the party seeing him with that girl, it just killed me. I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't. I can't." She felt a lump forming in her throat. Cheryl pulled the girl into a side hug, noticing Alice's mood change.