I: The Stars To My Sky

Today was the same as always, the same vicious cycle, the same insults spoken to me as I walked down the hallway filled with children as old as 15. For some reason I was always the odd one out wherever I went. I've been to many foster homes, how many foster homes exactly? I've been in 3 different homes, all just as fucked up as the last. The way it works in the system is that they can't move you around until you're at least 10 years of age. I was always the unlucky one who'd get moved.

Think my life is already a living hell? Well on top of all of this imagine having parents who never gave a damn about you. Who never asked how your day was. Never gave you a hug, a shoulder to lean on. I try not to remember all the horrible things that happened in the past, while this rickety old foster home isn't the best, it's a lot safer.

I felt a sharp pain shoot up my spine, "fuck" I mutter realizing that Justin, one of the people who makes my life miserable had pushed a thumbtack into my back.

"Get moving you worthless piece of shit." He said, a devious smile creeped across his face as he pushed me to the floor and broke one of my earbuds that had fallen out. He stepped over me as did everyone else in this dumb foster home, no one cared. The only thing I credit for keeping me sane is music, people like Taylor Swift, Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, and Green Day are the reason that I believe I have a propose in this world. I quickly realized that I was spacing out and was still laying on the floor, that was fine by me.

Ever since school let out last week they won't let us go anywhere because apparently "the streets of LA are too dangerous for foster kids like us" I roll my eyes at the term foster kid. I know that's what we are but why can't we just be kids, why do I always have to be known as the foster kid? Why can't I be known for the girl who plays guitar? Or the girl who's good at piano? Just anything but the foster kid who's mom was a drug addict and her father was an alcoholic.

I eventually got back up forgetting one crucial thing, today was adoption day. The hopeful foster parents would be meeting us today and hopefully would bust some kids out of this joint. I turned on my phone and looked at the time 11:50 AM, I had 10 minutes to spare so I turned on my phone. A TracFone TCL LX, it was a crappy phone with a sucky battery life but it worked. I opened Instagram for the first time in a momth to see that Brendon had posted a rather saddening post 3 weeks ago stating that he and Sarah were now divorced. How could two people that seemed so right at first become so wrong so fast? After being lost in thought I heard the door creek open as a short, blonde haired, middle-aged woman walked in the room and began speaking to some of the children. I've never gotten picked, I'm not even going to try this time. I'll only be let down again, and I'm not doing that to myself again; not after all the times I've been rejected before.

I wandered into the back room where the untouched music stuff was, it just sat there and collected dust seeing as no one would use it expect me. Today the piano seemed to call me, after reorienting myself with the piano I began to play "Ashes" by Celine Dion and began to sing after playing the intro. The song had been stuck in my head ever since I'd seen Deadpool, and rightfully so.

"What's left to do with these broken pieces on the floor, I'm losing my voice calling on you." I sang, at this point I was locked into the music only to be caught off guard by someone beautifully harmonizing with me. I glanced back to see none other than Brendon Urie standing behind me, I stopped what I was doing and looked backwards this time turning around on the bench.

Brendon just smiled at my starstruck gaze running his hand through his hair out of nervousness. "You've got an amazing voice, and you're how old?" Brendon asked looking as though he was about to explode.

"I'm 12, thank you, Brendon." I beamed at his praise, I felt my hopes skyrocket way out into the stratosphere. Is it possible that he could be the one to take me in?

Brendon smiled, feeding off of my visible excitement. "I'd take it you know who I am? So, who are you?" He asked surprised at my knowledge of his name.

"Of course I know who you are! I'm Morgan by the way." I exclaimed, adrenaline rushing through my veins.

"That's good to know Morgan, because you'll be seeing a lot of me." Brendon said holding up the already filled out adoption form, the only blank left being my name. "From now on you're Morgan Elizabeth Urie, the stars to my sky."