From heartless to Heart Felt

A/N: I was recently asked for my take on Damians character arc in the DCAMU. I would of tried to make a video about it but honestly, I don't know how so I guess I'll just write it out. Now this is in regards to the DCAMU Damian. I know other versions of him exist in comics, tv shows, and video games, but this is mostly about the version of him from the new 52 movies. I think this version of Damian should be the definitive version. I hope you like my analysis.

    So I've always loved the DC animated movies ever since I was a kid. Justice league crisis on two earths, Batman Superman apocalypse, Justice league Doom, Batman under the Red hood where the movies that really got me into DC's animated stuff. From there I watched Justice league unlimited, Teen Titans, and Young justice and just fell in love with anything they put out. This brings us to Son Of Batman. In this movie I already hated Damian because my first introduction to him was the Injustice video game where he murdered Dick Grayson. So I wasn't really giving him a fair chance coming into these movies. Son of Batman wasn't the best movie as it nerfed Deathstroke terribly and made him a joke of his formal self, but it had some important tidbits for Damians future development.

 Son of Batman wasn't the best movie as it nerfed Deathstroke terribly and made him a joke of his formal self, but it had some important tidbits for Damians future development

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

    This is Damian at his worst. Bruce in the comics had been stated in saying "whatever they did to him, it broke him." I never understood how people saw Damian as a spoiled prince. Entitled...yes, but not spoiled. He thinks he deserves these things because he's been conditioned mentally to believe blood is what determines status and character. Take into consideration the years of ruthless training and terrible abuse he's suffered and you have an arrogant sociopath that is Damian Wayne. All of this happens by time he's only ten years old. He's only a child who's suffered a great deal and doesn't even realize it.

Now as we all know Ra's would eventually die from wounds given to him by Deathstroke and Talia takes Damian to meet Bruce and that's where he begins his journey to redemption

We start off with Damian meeting his father in Son of Batman. Bruce, while initially being skeptical of whether or not Damian was actually his still decided to take him in. I honestly don't know how the worlds greatest detective was skeptical this kid was his son. I mean a blind man could see the resemblance between these two. Anyways, we don't get to see it, but there's a conversation between Bruce and Alfred in the comics that's really interesting. Alfred states that Bruce more than anything, needs to be a father to Damian and not just Batman. I love this, because Bruce had always been Batman to everyone first. Always the hero and very rarely the man. If Damian was going to turn out for the better then Bruce had to make an actual attempt at fatherhood. It was understandable because Dick already had a father that he loved and cherished before passing, so while Bruce considered Dick his son he knew he couldn't invade on the position of Dicks actual father. However, with Damian he could really make an attempt to be a father.

     While there are some moments for Damian in this movie, the only two that really stand out is where he becomes Robin and of course when he spares Deathstroke despite him killing Damians grandfather embracing his fathers side of his heritage. Now at the end of the movie Talia let's Damian stay with Bruce for reasons I don't really understand.