prologue

'that's, what, a three-story fall to the deck?' pope continued, raising the drill, 'i'd give you about a- a one-in-three chance of survival.' 'eh, you would still survive. maybe just a dislocated ankle, you would be okay.' ophelia chimed in as jj gave her a beer can.

'hmm.' john b hummed, pulling his finger from his mouth and raising it to the air. 'i'm only at three, right? should I do it?' 'jump pussy.' ophelia chanted encouragingly. 'yeah, jump.' jj nodded, lifting the beer can to his lips.

'yeah, you should jump." pope joked, raising the drill gun in front of his face. 'i'll shoot you on the way down.' 'oh, you'll shoot me?' john b challenged. 'yep.' pope nodded, 'pew. pew'

'they're gonna have japanese toilets with towel warmers.' ophelia looked down at kiara walking out of the house. 'of course, why wouldn't they?' john b said.

'this used to be a turtle habitat.. but who cares about the turtles.. i guess.' kiara muttered,

'i can't have cold towels.' john b joked, extending his arms to the side to keep his balance. kiara looked up at john b. 'can you please not kill yourself.'

'don't spill that beer!' jj shouted, raising the can he held to his lips, again 'i'm not giving you another one.' 'oh, shit.' john b swore as the can slipped from his hands.

'of course you did! right after i told you not to.' jj exclaimed. 'you jinxed him dummy, now all of that is gone to waste.' ophelia joked

'hey, uh. security's here.' pope said, leaning over the balcony. 'the fun is beginning, lets go.' ophelia squealed, taking jj's hand to stand up.she glanced down at JJ as he rolled backwards, jumping down following him. 'humpty dumpty, let's roll!'

the adrenaline rushing through her veins as they escape the grasp of gary and his gang of security guards. 'woah. sorry, man, not much of a hugger.' jj joked as he dodged the guard. ophelia easily hopped the fence, looking back at pope and jj still behind. 'hey slowpokes, hurry up.' she joked, resting against the fence yawning. laughs spilled from their lips as they hopped the fence.

'get up, pope! fatso's coming!' jj said. ophelia waited for pope as the guards came running at them. 'that was nice, lets do it again gary,' before any of the guards could catch her, her fast reflex made her run or so she thought. jj quickly grabbed her hand just in time. they sprinted together to the van. 'come on.' kiara shouted, extending her hand to help ophelia in.

'that was so awesome, why cant everyday be like this?' ophelia shrieked, still holding onto jj's hand, not that jj didnt mind. he blushed to the thought that ophelia is still holding onto his hand.

'oh shit, didnt knew i was holding onto your hand jj.' ophelia spoke up, slowly retracting her hand from his. jj slowly nodding, he looked out the van's window and saw gary still running after us.

'check out gary gunning for a raise.' pope laughed at the sight of him trying to catch up to the van. 'he's not gonna get us. no way, man.' 'come on, gary!" jj shouted sarcasticly. 'wait, slow down, slow down, slow down.' a cocky grin grew across jj's face, planing to do something to gary. 'guys! you're gonna give him a heart attack.' kiara said, looking over at ophelia who nodded in agreement.

'you're so close. you can do it. there you go.' jj laughed, tossing an empty beer can to gary. 'aw, they don't pay you enough, bro.' 'jj, stop. dont be mean to him.' ophelia scolded, smacking him on the arm. 'oh, come on.' jj pouted. 'that sort of initiative is just begging to be punished.'

'thats ophelia. but we call her phel, pronounced as phil or feel. shes my bestfriend besides jj. shes vivacious and the most adventurous one in the group. she too is a kook like kiara but she hangs out with us because of what the kooks did to her. her parents are actually the richest in outer banks but they're not always home as much as phel wants them too. her parents loves us espcially pope, dont really know why though. we all have a thing for her too, well some more than others but im not gonna say who even though it's quite obvious.'