Chapter 5

Hi everyone, welcome to Chapter 5 UwU here's a cookie for you 🍪 . I hope you enjoy it. Right now the story is a bit slow but things will start to speed up later! I'm an amateur writer so please tell me of any punctual, grammatical, and informative errors I have made, tell me nicely though or you'll get punished~ *brings out enormous dildo*. Enjoy~

ALL IMAGES USED ARE NOT OWNED BY ME BUT BY THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.

[ System ]

'Inner thoughts'

"dialogue"

Telepathic communication

♪(*^^)o∀*∀o(^^*)♪

After a while Uncle also had to leave after a while and left me with three handmaidens. Two of these handmaids behaved agitated and kept shifting from one foot to the other, eventually when there was no one but the three handmaids in the room the two handmaids instantly started to gossip;

"Did you hear?? Imperial Concubine Chen Chunhua had an affair!!"

*gasp* "No way!!"

"Yes way! The proof of her infidelity is right in that crib!"

One of the two handmaids inclines over my crib and looks at me with a criticizing peek and says "He's a charming baby though I don't see any resemblance to his father so she must have had an affair."

"Isn't his skin abnormally bloodless though??", "of course his skin is pale he was born yesterday!!"

The third attendant who was the only one not gossiping looked at both the handmaids in contempt and says "You too must have tedious lives to be gossiping about matters that do not involve you! I'll make sure to tell Official Ahn about how bored and underworked you two are!"

While the three handmaidens were quarreling a small light began fluttering over little Mei, the light slowly took shape as the body of an opalescent snake. The snake's large comprehensive pink eyes looked at the frightened newborn in front of it and sent Mei a message telepathically;

[Don't despair I won't hurt you!! I'm the guardian angel that was sent down to help you!! Aren't you excited ?!?!:*+.\(( °ω° ))/.:+] says a cheery and upbeat voice that failed to soothe Mei but infuriated him instead.

Me excited? You're excited, your whole family is excited!!

[Who knew that my host was so enthusiastic!!\(////)\]

Aren't you more excited than I am you worthless bag of snakeskin... never mind who the hell are you and what do you mean by the guardian angel?

[They call me several things; guardian angel, system... but one thing I know for is that the divine ones sent me down to guide you on this mission of yours.^o^]

You didn't answer any of my question dumbass, answer the question.

[I... I can't tell you...(΄◟◉)]

Mei's first impression of the system was: it's stupid, stupid from the top of its head to the tip of its toe!! Stupid everywhere!

[ I'm glad host holds me in such high regard, it's an honor! I was created recently and you're my first host so please treat me nicely UwU]

... *sigh* can you at least tell me how I got here in the first place?

The system replies in a trembling and agitated tone

[ Uhm... well, I... Uhm T^T]

Spit it out!! Do you have any bones in your body you amphibian!

[ Why do I feel like you're taking out all your frustrations on me *wuwu* ('°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥)]

The snake looked at Mei with teary puppy eyes and Mei looks away feeling regretful, though in his mind he reminds himself that he's stuck in a situation where he knows nothing about anything and all his feelings of weakness magically flutter away.

System seeing his host's feelings of pity run away breaks into a bitter sweat and complained in his heart wondering why they got such a sadistic host.

[I think I know why your boyfriend left you... I feel sorry for your future ML] the system muttered

What did you say?!

The system quickly responds with a [nothing] wanting to crawl behind a bush and die.

Mei then says 'Let me say this again, where am I and what am I doing here' in a sinister voice that conveys the message that he will hunt down the system's entire family and exterminate them.

After a long period of just the sounds of bickering in the background a monotone google translate voice says:

[ Hello this is an automatic message, this system is unavailable at this time and requires an update after a very traumatic experience. Please leave a message after the beep.]

*beep* the cheery beeping sound resonates in the blank mind of the first transmigrator to have traumatized a system.

After a few days, the system still hadn't returned, Da and Ma regularly checked up on me but avoided each other like the plague. Finally the dreaded day of the scan had come, only my parents, the imperial physician and I were in the room. Ma had an unyielding resolute expression on her face while Da had no expression at all.

The Imperial physician seemed to be more apprehensive than my parents. He hovered his glowing shaking hands over me, the tension in the room rose and there was a resounding silence. The tension grew so thick that even I started to quiver and cry.

The few minutes that passed felt like an hour. Finally, the imperial physician concluded the scan, turned towards the emperor with a relieved face and said "Oh great Emperor this is your child!" Da finally broke his cold facade and looked consoled and said "We are happy that this child is Ours, though Us questions why Our child has such a disease?"

Ma looked at Da with displeasure saying "You accused me of infidelity, a crime punishable by death. Am I not wronged by you? Why do you dismiss the wrongs you have committed against me? Am I held so low in your regard that I do not merit an apology?"

Da didn't even grace her with a glance and instead proceeded to look at the Imperial Physician imploringly. The physician overlooked what was happening and said "I can only guess why 3rd Prince had acquired this disease..." The physician glimpsed at the Emperor's expression and continued speaking hesitantly "There are some cases that I am sure you know of where someone would give up something necessary to their being in exchange for a power..."

Ma looked at the Imperial physician piercingly and said with a stinging tone "What foolishness! All those cases you mentioned had consenting, well-minded adults exchanging things such as sight, hearing, or limbs. I have never heard of a case where a newborn baby was involved!"

The Physician looked at her and said "The Holy Ones are fickle beings, what they decide is none of our business! Nevertheless to remedy the fact that the 3rd Prince is still a newborn and couldn't possibly consent to the divine exchange they granted him a disease that can be somewhat cured."

"So it is curable" Da replied, the physician looked at Da and said "When 3rd Prince unlocks his inner animal he should be able to protect himself against the sun, though his skin and hair colour will stay the same."

Ma and Da both looked comforted by this and quickly set up arrangements to make sure that no sunlight manages to touch Mei's skin. Unknown to Mei this situation triggered the instinctual overprotectiveness of both his parents that will only grow stronger over the years.

Hope you enjoyed it~ If you did be sure to vote and comment ٩(❛๑)۶.