CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Dahlia's voice grew hoarse as she shouted, completely forgetting that she was in danger herself

However, as she watched the male before her slowly succumb to the poison, her mind couldn't care an ounce about her own safety.

"Why does it have to be him?" Harlow finally voiced, as she allowed Dahlia to scream and thrash around," What is so great about someone like him?"

"Even if I explained a reason, whatever I say, does not matter to you," Dahlia said hoarsely as she felt the wand dig into her temple and the arm around her neck tighten, causing her to wheeze for air.

Hugo who was barely conscious focused on the females. The sound of their voices was still understandable but sounding so far away.

His body was growing weak, each second that passed — but oddly enough, just hearing Dahlia's soft voice made him continue to fight.

"He did not even know, he was so dense to your feelings! He even believes that you are unable to love! He is just like the rest of them, he doesn't know how precious you are!" Harlow's voice grew louder making Dahlia wince at the volume near her ear.

The older female grit her teeth wanting to argue back, but her eyes refused to remove from Hugo.

She was waiting for the chance to take the upper hand without accidentally choking herself.

All she wanted was to save Hugo, but she couldn't just roughly remove herself because she was in a chokehold and had a wand pointed directly to her.

Even if she escaped Harlow's clutches, the wand in The Hufflepuff's hand could immobilize her or even—as she feared, would be used against Hugo who was barely hanging on.

She did not have her own wand in hand since she left her belongings int he Hospital wing after running out without thinking.

"What did you think you'd gain from hurting Lily and playing Hugo? If you are so damn sure of the feelings you have for me, why didn't you just tell me instead of involving them?"

Harlow let out a sigh tenderly nuzzling her nose into Dahlia's hair," Maybe it would have been easier, Merlin, it would have saved me from having to snog that fool, but I did what was right. I got rid of the distractions"

Dahlia's skin crawled as each word made it to her ears.

Her eyes fell to Hugo who was barely conscious and his eyes started to droop.

Dahlia then decided to drop her decision to think logically and reacted.

Her legs entangled with Harlows and her nails dug into The Hufflepuffs arms.

The wand on her head had dug deeper, making it dig into her skin, however, Dahlia slowly started to get the upper hand and removed the arm around her neck.

As she got the air to flow back into her system, and the wand painfully being removed from her skin. Harlow whipped her wand but before she could mutter a spell, Hugo who was on the ground had somehow inserted himself between the females.

The force of inserting his body between them and with the position of the wand—Hugo let out a painful scream as the wand itself had stabbed his own eye.

Dahlia seeing the action has caused a rush of adrenaline within and before she knew it she has tackled Harlow.

She used all her strength to hold the struggling female and the sound of clinking of the wand that Hugo removed fell to the ground.

Blood dripped onto the floor and Hugo was groaning— Dahlia had nearly lost it when she saw him squirming and pointed the wand directly to Harlow's face.

"Stay down if you know what is good for you"

However, she grit her teeth in disgust and cast a spell of her Patronus, sending a signal for help.

Dahlia had pushed herself back and ran over to Hugo and acted fast by a small vial of potion she had on her necklace.

It was an antidote that Dahlia had that she carried around since she worked around a variety of potions.  The chance of her being poisoned by her experimenting was the reason for it and she was so glad that she knew the poison that Harlow used.

The scent of withered roses was the main reason that Dahlia was not scared for Hugo's life as much as one should be.

"Hugo, I'm sorry it'll feel like your burning from the inside" Dahlia whispered as she tilted Hugo's head to allow the potion into his throat.

As she held Hugo in her arms, his screams intensified and the sound of multiple footsteps filled the halls.