DEVIL'S ADVOCATE

CLARKE WILEY NEVER WANTED TO BE A LONELY KID

CLARKE WILEY NEVER WANTED TO BE A LONELY KID. She never wanted to be labelled as a 'loner' or a 'weirdo'. But adults were mean, and kids, well, they were even worse. She was bullied bad and kicked around like a poor beaten puppy. As much as she despised herself for letting the torment get so bad, at least she had one thing going for her— she could fight.

She was lucky. Fighting came in handy during the first few weeks of the outbreak that boasted flesh eating corpses and angry people who would stop at nothing to steal your supplies. Clarke was fourteen when the world ended. She was still a kid sure, but the apocalypse left kids like her with an ultimatum— it was either grow up or die. Clarke chose to grow up.

After her entire town falls into disarray, Clarke grabs her brother and they hit the road. They manage to survive for a good while, until their food runs out and starvation starts to become a real problem for the pair. Clarke's practically dead on her feet when a young man going by the name of Glenn Rhee finally finds them. He takes them back to his group and they welcome the two kids into their camp with wide open arms. Everything there is good for a while, until it's not again and the small band of survivors are forced to leave and hit the road.

Trouble seems to follows them like shadow. Bad thing after bad thing seems to hit the group without a care in the world. It's only when Sophia Peletier goes missing and Carl Grimes is unexpectedly shot that a safe sanctuary in the middle of nowhere called 'Greene Farm' appears and offers refuge for the weary group of people.

However, as beautiful and as safe as it appears, not everything is what it seems.

it's like all beautiful things in this new world,
they seem to get ruined one way or another. . .

ʻ there is no more livingonly surviving

only surviving. ʼ