Play. Explore.

Harry
It was difficult coaxing Edie from my knee and after around half an hour she'd finally managed to look at the people surrounding her.

"Do you need the potty" I asked sincerely "we don't want any accidents do we"

"No"

"Then lets go"

"No, I don't need a potty" she looked at him carefully.

"This is Louis, he's Da...erm. He's my best friend" I mumbled over it quickly.

I nearly said it. I nearly had announced myself as her Daddy accidentally. It had me worried immensely that I felt so at ease that I was already beginning to take authority. I wasn't sure where I stood on adopting Edie yet so throwing titles in such as that would only confuse her.

"How about you come over here so I can help you out of them shoes Little one" Jade finally offered sweetly holding her arms out in encouragement as Edie slipped from my arms.

She didn't stand away from jade she headed straight into her arms, climbing on her knee with ease and holding her foot up carefully so Jade could reach.

"I think your dress is very pretty" Jade complimented her.

It was lovely to see the small smile hid behind Edie's pacifier as her shoes were discarded and just left in socks wriggling her toes and giggling after it.

"Luna darling" Jade beckoned "come say hi to Edie. She's here with Harry"

"I didn't know Harry had a baby" Luna ran over her piggy tails gelled back from sweating excessively and her socks hanging off aimlessly.

"Let's not talk too much of the matter. Come give your uncle harry a big cuddle eyy Kidda"

With ease I lifted her into my arms spinning her in circles making her belly laugh and stopped suddenly.

"She's pretty huh" I whispered into her ear. She's a little bit younger than you so be careful when you play with her and milo okay"

"I will uncle Harry"

"I almost forgot. Edie I do have a surprise from you. Why don't you go and get that bag from the table"

I knew she'd be over the moon with her new gift and I couldn't help but keep a smug grin on my face as she opened the back and took the box from it. When she'd lifted the lid, her pacifier had dropped on the floor with a clang and she retrieved it quickly aiming to put it back in her mouth.

"No no no" I insisted taking it from her "let me wash it first"

She'd finally taken notice of the trainers and looked at me with such happiness in her eyes I nearly burst into tears. I could tell she had began to get a little emotional over it as she fisted her eyes gently, holding them in her hands to look at them.

"They're like my old ones that got dirty" she choked "but these still have sparkles on"

"They're the same ones baby" I cooed "I could tell how much you really liked your other ones and they got very very badly ruined yesterday didn't they hmm"

"Thank you...but erm. I need the potty" she followed the conversation in anticipation.

It was good she was communicating with me and I enjoyed the warm tone she had when she spoke.

"Luna why don't you go with her" I asked as she nodded "remember wash your hands, and wash your paci while you're there"

3rd person

Edie was so happy that Harry had purchased her a new pair of sandals. It was kind of him to realise she was upset and nice that he'd offered to take that from her and do something nice for her. She felt so special because of it.