A Walk In The Rain

"When you fall in love it is a love story, but when you live your story with your happy ending it becomes a fairytale"

It was a beautiful Sunday morning when small birds created a bedlam with their sweet chirrupings however his gaze remained enthralled towards her. He looked at her absolutely hypnotized as her beautiful laughter filled the air. Her giggles were so melodious, it felt like soft music to his ears.

He knew the longer he looked at her, the harder he began crushing her. Avni Mehta, his all time constant crush since childhood . His lips curved up into a bewitching beam, while his dreamy eyes gazed at her. Lifting his hand, he settled his palm on his heart as he stared at the synonym of simplicity and Beauty.

Her white skin glowed, while her thin wrists adorned white bangles matching her white kurti which perfectly hugged her curves ,her smile held a different euphoria altogether as she playedwith those small children. Her wavy hair cascaded down her back .

She had no makeup on her face, but she looked stunningly attractive. She had hazel brown orbs and plain skin which was absolutely flawless, her facial features were soft and delicate.

Amidst the serene environment, the cacophony of her bangles rattling against each other could be heard echoing, while he could feel his 280 g heart thumping at an immensely high rate. As he found himself enthralled on her perfect appearance, an automatic smile crept on his face, he tried to control but alas! He ran his hand through his hair still smiling like a mad man .

The kids now dispersed while she stood there alone, trying to settle her dupatta which was continuously trying to slip off. It was then when suddenly rain began pouring from nowhere. Pure water gushed down from the heavens. She rushed towards him, to take shelter under the same tree, where he had been standing looking at her.

The children whom he had supposed gone, ran into the rain and began to dance . The dance was not a professional or choreographed one but it held innocence, it was without any treachery or wiles.

The kids came towards them and dragged the both of them to dance along with them. They started showing off their master moves without any thoughts of making themselves look like a fool to the world around. The dance came with flow and motion .

He marvelled at the innocence which her eyes carried as she threw her arms in the air letting the rain water purify her already pure soul. Her soul was an unblemished one, and he wanted it to belong to him.! He wanted time to freeze then and there so that he could live the moment forever.

It was all so perfect, with the absence of deceit and facade. They danced now hand in hand in momentum with the falling droplets of rain. He looked at her as her clothes hugged her body after getting wet, revealing her perfect curves. He tugged behind the fringes of hair that fell on her face as she danced with all her soul.

There was an indefinite chemistry, a spark which both of them could feel as they peeped through each other souls, gazing into each others eyes.

*********

That day changed everything. From just mere acquaintances they became friends. Hanging out during and after office hours , chatting and calling each other became frequent.

Standing by the window of her room she stared at the moon, as it shined through the silence that surrounded her. She looked angelic with her arms wrapped around herself , her hair swayed in a perfect momentum in order with the cool breeze.

The breeze became cooler as the temperature around dropped, the night becoming deeper. Pushing the curtains aside which were now falling on her face she walked towards her bed and dropped herself on it with her arms wide open.