Chapter 13: The History of Our Past

I look at Ahk with my mouth wide open in shock at what he just said.
     "What?" I ask.
     "You're my queen. We met over 3,000 years ago. That's why it was so easy for you to fall in love with me because you already did 3,000 years ago," Ahk says.
     "There's no way. I don't believe in that past like stuff. I never had a past life."
     "It'll take time for you to remember. Have you had any visions of us lately?"
     "No, but I had a dream about us last night. We were slow dancing."
Suddenly a huge smile appears on Ahk's face.
     "That was our first dance together," he says as he cups my face. "That is one of the many memories we shared together."
I take his hands down from my face and turn away from him and cross my arms.
     "I just—I can't process this. It's too much. It makes no sense"
Ahk wraps his arms around me and rests his chin on my shoulder.
     "It'll make sense sooner or later," he whispers.
     "So that's the reason why you seemed so familiar to me," I say as I turn back to face him. "Because we met years ago."
We both stare at each other which seemed like forever. I lean in to kiss him and my lips nearly touch his when I hear a voice down the hallway.
     "Please don't. Not again," Nick says as him and Larry walk towards us.
     "We uh, we need your help," Larry says out of breath.
     "What's going on?" I ask.
Suddenly I hear a lot of loud crashes. Larry looks at me.
     "Let's go," he says.
We all dart out of the room and towards the noise.

*time passes*

I collapse on my bed in exhaustion of how crazy today was. First the cavemen broke a display case, then Ahk tells me that I've known him for 3,000 years, and then the cavemen broke more stuff.
Sandy jumps on my bed and sits down. I look over at my doorway as my mom walks in.
     "I know that you want to get as much sleep as possible, but I made you a little breakfast," she says.
     "Thanks mom. I'll be down in a minute," I say.
She closes the door, but leaves it partly open. I roll my eyes and get off of my bed. Instead of closing it, I go over to my laptop on my desk. I sit on my desk chair and go onto Google and type into the search bar "King Ahkmenrah". A lot of results pop up so I click on the first website.
"King Ahkmenrah was the fourth king of Egypt over 3,000 years ago. He is the son of King Merenkahre and Queen Shepseheret," the website reads.
I nod my head as I continue to read.
"He had an older brother named Kahmunrah. Because his brother was older, he was meant to be the rightful ruler of Egypt, but he didn't have any good intentions of being king. Out of jealousy, Ahkmenrah was murdered by his own brother."
I gasp and cover my mouth with my hand. Tears start to well in my eyes. His own brother?
I scroll through the website barely being able to see the words because of my tears.
"Ahkmenrah ruled alongside his beautiful wife, Queen Sanura."
Sanura? That's my middle name! I smile and continue to read.
"After Ahkmenrah's death, it is said that Sanura was also killed by Kahmunrah. Other resources say that she killed herself with the same dagger that killed Ahkmenrah. Studies show that she was pregnant with Ahkmenrah's child at the time of her death. She would have had a baby girl."
I let out sigh at everything I had just read.
"Below are pictures of the King and his family. Scientists were able to process accurate pictures of what they looked like."
I scroll down and there is a picture of Ahk that pops up. I smile and continue to scroll through the website. I see a picture of his mom, his dad, and his evil older brother. Then when I scroll some more, I see a picture of Queen Sanura. It was me. I gasp seeing my own face on the screen. I continue to scroll and I see a picture of myself with Ahk. I start to feel dizzy and I fall out of my chair and hit the ground with a loud thud. All I see next is complete darkness.