Ch 31: Groin Sword

Lark POV

I sat in the waiting area of the tattoo place with Nix.

The tattoo artist gave me a cookie.

Which amused me greatly and slightly annoyed Nix.

I grinned, chewing the warm sweet (the dude even microwaved it for me), "so how much do these tattoos run for?"

"A lot. I only ever let Jin do my ink."

"And how much does Jin charge, all your tattoos are beautiful."

He looked me over carefully, "looking to get some ink Raggedy Ann?"

"I dunno... I have always been interested."

"What would you get?"

"Its kinda basic." I mumbled, eyeing the ink on his forearm and peaking through his shirt sleeves.

He just arched a brow.

"I want a vinyl record behind my ear. Because I love the sound of them even though I cant afford to buy one, or the larkspur flower somewhere because obviously thats my name but that feels kind of conceited.."

"Nah that sounds lovely little lady." A bald asian man with tattoos covering nearly every inch of him said walking around the corner. "Your ink tells your story."

I took a minute to fully take in the tattooed man and his handlebar mustache. "You think?"

"I know." He replied, extending a hand to Nix, "ciao Nix, dobbiamo iniziare con l'inchiostro o gli affari?"

"gli affari." He replied smoothly.

The man, presumably Jin, nodded, "perfect. And this is?.." he asked, smiling patiently.

"Larkspur." The dark haired man turned to me, "Jin and I have to sanitize my skin so you and the cookie cant be in the room, but finish up and he can get you after."

"Okay." I chimed, taking another bite.

"non fa parte della famiglia?" Jin asked, "and where did you get the cookie larkspur."

"Your artist guy." I replied at the same time Nix responded, "lei non è"

"Alright then..." Jin shook his head seemingly confused, "lets head back, see you soon Larkspur.

I waved them goodbye as the disappeared in the back.

~~

Nix POV

I leaned against the counter in the room as Jin set up the tattoo chair, "you sent out everything we asked for?"

"Of course Nix." He said with a smile, "I have the complete list as well, that way you can check and make sure no ones skimming."

"Grazi." I murmured flipping through the list, "how is business? Do you need anything?"

"You keep me well taken care of here Nix always have."