Chapter 25

Tony's POV:

Tony's POV:

I already have my outfit picked out for tonight. I just have to get through what feels like a stressful day at work and then I can relax. I always feel relaxed when I'm around her.

Before that, Ziva and I have to go to Abby's to look over a few things from another case while we wait to hear about Juice again.

We're in the elevator and it's a nice change from being at our desks all day. I hate these days. They go by the slowest and I have to watch the clock torture me by not moving.

"So, I heard you and Melissa had a girl's night last night." I would hate for her to find out without me being the one to tell her, but I don't know how I would bring this up to her. Like I said, this will all be over soon, but Melissa will have to tell Tim about it, and no one wants Ziva on the outs.

"Yes, we did." that's all she says. She's a true friend and never brings something to anyone's attention without it being their business. I know she won't tell me what Melissa said, but it would just be nice to have a conversation with Ziva instead of exchanging a few words.

"Any plans later?"

She looks at me and smirks. "Yes, actually. I'm meeting a friend for dinner."

"Friend?" I ask her.

"Yes, a friend." She repeats herself. "What about you? Any plans?"

I swallow. "Yes, I actually have the same plans as you."

"With a friend?"

"Yes."

She laughs. "That's what you're calling them now?"

The elevator opens and she walks off before I do. Ziva and I do our fair share of bickering, but that one was different. I don't know there was more power and anger from her words.

What the hell was that?

Melissa's POV:

I sit in my red dress and look down at my ring. "I don't know Tim. Do you really know what's going on? Or is death just something that will forever be unclear to the living?"